BUG XiVO 16.10 Upgrade Issues

yajrendrag

Reaction score
Has XiVO 16.10 been tested? I'm having the following issues:
1) XiVO client cannot connect to voicemail - it pops a dialog box saying "Service Unavailable" when attempting to access voicemail. (note that all service show up and running in Services:Monitoring screen.

2) XiVO doesn't email voicemails - i can retrieve them via phone, so i know voicemails are being left. I have gone over the config tutorial numerous times.

3) Groups & Ring Sound - this one i think i can figure out what is happening, but not sure how to fix - i set up a number of users & lines - each user/line is set up for an individual sip phone or client. I want all the phones to ring when called, so i set up a group and made all of the users members of the group. When a call comes in, the caller hears a regular ringtone, but after that, the caller hears music on hold (reno_project-system.wav). i'm pretty certain what i discerned from the logs is that the call is basically being forwarded to the group and is essentially on hold waiting for it to be answered. Is there a place to find a ring tone sound file or is it somewhere in asterisk already to be accessed so i can simply change the music on hold sound? or is there a better way to do this?

maybe this is unrelated to 16.10... i upgraded a 16.08 system to 16.10 - see my trials and tribulations here - so potentially this is upgrade related... i've seen same behavior on both a system i restored as well as a system newly, minimally configured to test out (1 user, 1 trunk, 1 route).

appreciate any guidance..

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Did you upgrade the XiVO Client to match the XiVO server version? That is always mandatory.

yajrendrag

Reaction score
thanks, yes, i did upgrade the client - both are 16.10.

my gut is telling me something didn't work completely with the upgrade... the other thing i found is that asteridex is not reachable via https://xivo-ip-address/asteridex4 - i get "No input file specified." in the browser window... which seems to be an nginx issue, but i've not had time to research it more... it worked fine before the upgrade.

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The XiVO bugs probably need to be posted in the XiVO Forum for assistance. You'll get help there from the developers.

The NGINX issue with AsteriDex (or Telephone Reminders) after an upgrade is a known issue. This should get things going again:
Code:
cd /tmp
mkdir nginx
cd nginx
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/reminders-xivo.tar.gz
tar zxvf reminders-xivo.tar.gz
cd /
tar zxvf /tmp/nginx/reminders-nginx.tar.gz
/etc/init.d/nginx restart
rm -rf /tmp/nginx

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
My 16.10 works fine. Issue 1 works, Issue 2 works, Issue 3 you need to set MOH in ring groups to blank in order to hear ringing.

Gary.

yajrendrag

Reaction score
thank you both - nginx issue and MOH issues resolved... will followup on xivo forum on 1st two items..

yajrendrag

Reaction score
wrt my email issue - i had to configure postfix to use authenticated SMTP via a relay... between some instructions i found on line and a post on xivo's forum (& google translate) i was able to get it operational.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
wrt my email issue - i had to configure postfix to use authenticated SMTP via a relay... between some instructions i found on line and a post on xivo's forum (& google translate) i was able to get it operational.
This one depends upon your ISP and whether the ISP blocks downstream SMTP traffic.

yajrendrag

Reaction score
btw, based on the logs i supplied, the xivo team did find an issue with "database migration" - not sure if this was only an issue following an upgrade, but it was a simple fix - there was an ACL missing:
Code:
Configuration -> Web services access -> edit xivo-ctid-ng user -> acl and with the + add this acl :

amid.action.ShowDialplan.create

Once added, the xivo client could connect to voice mail successfully.

there are some other issues i'm now seeing for which i'll open a new thread. not sure they are upgrade or restore related..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.