TIPS Why do my BLFs (on grandstreams) work perfect for my PBXiaf, but not on RentPBX?

MacNix

Guru
Reaction score
we've got several dozen housed (local) Piaf boxes, with Grandstream endpoints. Typically we're running a cisco 2xx or similar managed switch, a decent quality router, and a local PBX. Grandstream phone sets seem to (generally) work flawlessly.. Running Piaf 11/12/13, with some variations (depending on when we installed)...

We've got a couple on RentPBX setups, for smaller operations which didn't really warrant the cost of an on-site box, without static IP routers, etc..

On our RentPBX locations, we CANNOT get BLFs to work at all... period. We're setting them up the same as our other in-house Piaf boxes, and the endpoints are the same models, wtih the same settings.

Anybody got any recommendations? Is this a common issue with cloud hosting?

wa4zlw

Reaction score
Hi there...I have various grandstream devices and have beta tested some as well.

What devices do you have and do they have the latest firmware?

Check firmware.grandstream.com for latest images.

Leon

MacNix

Guru
Reaction score
i've got (primarily) the 2130's...
they've got the latest firmware.
however, my units in facilities where the PBX is local do NOT have the latest, yet they work perfectly well.... and my units running over RentPBX do not work, and it hasn't mattered which firmware they're on - they all do NOT have working BLFs...

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
I've had issues before with some routers and SIP ALG on hosted solutions. Check that and your NAT settings.

Fortel

Guru
Reaction score
I'd check to ensure Hints is activated within the Advanced Settings section. I believe it's labeled "Enable Custom Device States." That will need to be set to "True" for BLF functionality.

Peter

MacNix

Guru
Reaction score
I'd check to ensure Hints is activated within the Advanced Settings section. I believe it's labeled "Enable Custom Device States." That will need to be set to "True" for BLF functionality.

Peter

that has been removed as an option ( i think 12.xxx on?) - it's said to be 'true' by default now..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.