QUIRK When posting the result of pbxstatus / status - quirk

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
Code:
status
pbxstatus
When I ssh as root into the console using putty and type either of the above codes as appropriate for the pbx distro and if sudo-ing or not - so that the status screen appears:
I have noticed that I cannot select and copy the resulting TEXT (for posting in a thread here) until after I click the < OK > button.
On clicking the button however the status screen is cleared at least on pi2-3 Incredible13.7.2, which I consider to be counter productive especially if a newbie may need to copy that screen into his post AS TEXT.
The workaround in putty is to roll the mouse wheel so that the status reappears, at which point the text can be selected and then pasted into ones post and of course remove the Public IP: address.
The alternative workaround is to use snipping tool which in Windows is Ctrl + Alt + s ; and when the "+" cursor appears to select the graphic image for posting here.

The latter method is wasteful on storage as it saves as graphic and not as the text; the graphic is also more difficult for removing the Public IP: address i.e. for the sake of security and it requires the additional graphic edit and save operation.

The former workaround method is easy enough for for those who know how - but what about the
newbie?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Good point. With PIAF3, we had a separate print-to-file status script. I'll put it on the list. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.