R.I.P. Wable: Fun While It Lasted

Reaction score
You're going to need to add sleep 10 && /usr/local/sbin/iptables-restart AFTER the network is restarted, or you won't have a functioning firewall. Be sure to check it with iptables -nL to be sure.

So the /etc/rc.local should look like this then if on Wable?

Code:
touch /var/lock/subsys/local
/usr/local/sbin/iptables-restart
sleep 10 && /usr/local/sbin/iptables-restart
exit 0

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
service network restart
sleep 10
exit 0

Reaction score
service network restart
sleep 10
exit 0

So very strange thing happened yesterday.

Upon making this change, I can no longer access this server. I still have the Wable console access and everything is fine accessing the cli there, but I can not access it any other way.

I tried to revert the change back to how it was before and did a reboot and still do not have access. I have a funny feeling that it is iptables. I came to this conclusion by the fact that I had another test platform on wable that is exactly the same platform and made the change and did a reboot and I am able to connect to it just fine.

Any idea as to what I can do to check into iptables being locking me out?

Thanks,
Nathan

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You can run iptables -nL while using the Wable console to see what IP addresses are whitelisted. Then add your local machine with /root/add-ip

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Just a heads up that Wable's pricing model is changing drastically on June 1. For those with the $8 special (5 CPUs, 8GB RAM, 80GB disk), the prices will be a shocker. The new pricing model is pay-by-the-hour with rates similar to Digital Ocean for the base configuration but adding resources is stratospheric...

Starting June 1, retaining 5 minimal apps would run $20 instead of $8. Using all of your current resources for a single application would run $4 (base) + $80 (extra CPUs) + $35 (extra RAM) + $25 (extra disk storage) = $144 vs. $8 now.

For entry-level sandboxes, the pricing is fairly good. For everything else, RUN! A 250% to 1800% price increase in this digital age is unconscionable. I doubt we'll have Wable to kick around a year from now so you might as well Get Moving!

Here's the announcement:

Effective June 1st Wable's VPS service will be billed hourly for VPS and upgrades. There will no longer be "resource bundles" as a part of the service. You will be able to deploy as many VPS as you like. You will also be able to add RAM, CPU, or Disk to a VPS independently of each other without having to upgrade to a higher bundle with more resources than you need.

The new pricing for a VPS in Dallas, New York City, or Seattle will be;
Base VPS with 1 CPU (dedicated), 1GB RAM (dedicated), 30GB RAID 10 SSD $0.0055/hour (approximately $4/mo).

Upgrade pricing will be;
  • Additional IP $0.006/hour (6/10ths of 1 cent) (approximately $4/mo)
  • Additional 1GB Dedicated ECC RAM $0.007/hour (7/10ths of 1 cent) (approximately $5/mo)
  • Additional 10GB RAID 10 SSD $0.007/hour (7/10ths of 1 cent) (approximately $5/mo)
  • Additional 1x Dedicated CPU $0.028/hour (2.8 cents) (approximately $20/mo)

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's going to suck a bit to move my vpn over to cloud at cost (yes, yes I know, Digital Ocean instead, but its a testing environment) but I am good with the $8.00 and playing around with Wable but, this increase is just way to much

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
Didn't get the first email, but the 'correction' email kinda ruined my day. Oh well, wasn't going to last forever.

Already deleted my instances.

Dave Gray

Guru
Reaction score
Have to be a hell of a discount to make it viable. I wonder how many people bailed on the first day... :oops:

Reaction score
Have to be a hell of a discount to make it viable. I wonder how many people bailed on the first day... :oops:

after the 2nd day I was out. :auto:

But so far (knock on wood) I've been using cloud at cost and it seems not to bad so far.

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
With the demise of Wable, I think many are looking for alternatives. I've been happy with DO so far, but have learned to be on the lookout for alternatives.

Has anyone used: http://www.ramnode.com/vps.php

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aegodoyr
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.