SUGGESTIONS VoIP.ms Pricing and Configuration

vic555

Reaction score
Setup Fee: $0.50 $0.40*Billing Increment: 6 secondsChannels: 25Intended Use: Any
Monthly $.85
.009 a minute

This is great pricing, if you don't use a number much. Especially for business where you need a lot of numbers, but we are having a lot of problems with the configuration for voip,ms. The number will not hit the PBX. This latest install was on IncrediblePBX(elastix) on CrownCloud.net.

Hoping to clone this installation for another voip server on the same box.

Crowncloud.net is also pretty good, KVM, 1 ipv4, 10,ip6, 8gb ram, 60 gb disk, los angeles, $15/mon

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Try this : Trunks -- fill in top parts as you need
Trunk Name : voipms (there may be a preconfigured one in your trunk list (if so just enable it)
Peer Details should have these lines (maybe not in the same order but the values should be set to these (my old box had different settings in some places, had to reset to the following)
Code:
canreinvite=nonat
nat=yes
context=from-trunk
host=chicago.voip.ms <-- change this to the POP from voipms that your number actually uses (there are MANY of them
username=123456  <-- your REAL voipms account nuber or SUbaccount like: 123456_subacct
fromuser=119279  <-- same as line above
secret=youracctorsubacctpassword
type=peer <-- you might have had friend here -- this I had to change
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
; allow=g729 ; uncomment if you purchased g.729 from Digium
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes
insecure=invite  <-- you may have invite,port  or very -- this I also had to change
qualify=yes
leave the user details name and box blank (erase anything in it.
Your registration string may also be incorrect -- that changed on mine as well -- it should look like:
accountorsubaccountnumber:[email protected]:5060
The old style looked like 123456_Subacct:[email protected]/123456_subacct <--this fails now
Hopefully this helps voipms is whitelisted in IPTables so you should be able to get this working
This configuration also is on the voip.ms website -- also make sure the number is set to IPBX asterisk (or similar and not SIPdevice/ATA -- this will also cause a failure
Good luck

vic555

Reaction score
Thank you,
Perhaps the latter part is most important. "also make sure the number is set to IPBX asterisk (or similar and not SIPdevice/ATA -- this will also cause a failure#
" that is apparently on the Voip.ms website panel.

The Voip tech has been essentially working for very low wages, due to the configuration problems, and the Voip.ms customer support just completed additonal echo testing. So we have had our
problems, but if you can get all these configuration issues worked out, it seems the voip.ms is a very good option.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
vic555: I'm a little puzzled by your comments. VoIP.ms has been a rock-solid provider for many, many years. Their documentation for setting up trunks and routes is some of the best in the business. Have you looked at the PBX in a Flash and FreePBX configuration examples on their site??

FYI: A registration string of username:[email protected]/10-digit-DID is about as close to an industry standard as one can get.

vic555

Reaction score
vic555: I'm a little puzzled by your comments. VoIP.ms has been a rock-solid provider for many, many years. Their documentation for setting up trunks and routes is some of the best in the business. Have you looked at the PBX in a Flash and FreePBX configuration examples on their site??

We have apparently been remiss in reviewing the documentation, myself, and by extension those connected to me. Again, Thank You Ward

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.