SOLVED VoiceMail Message Waiting Light not working

Brian Simmons

Reaction score
We have Yealink t46g phones in our office. I have a situation where I cannot get the voicemail message waiting light to work on the phone.

Actually I can get it to work when I use the standard voice mailbox for that extension. However, we need a message to be played prior to the user's voicemail box messages, so I have the user's extension send "No Answer", "Busy" and "Not Reachable" destinations to an announcement for that person. Once the announcement has played the required message, it then sends the caller to another extension which is set up as the user's voicemail. This works as expected, with the exception that the message waiting light does not work on the phone when the caller is routed through the announcement first.

I realize there is a setting on the Yealink phone where I have entered the voicemail extension instead of the normal user's extension (Yealink Web -> Account -> Advanced -> Voicemail).

So the call looks something like this.......
Call for user/extension 200 ----> goes to announcement which plays pre-voicemail message ----> routed to ext 1200 which is set up as a virtual extension with voice mail turned on. Caller hears the user's voicemail message and can then leave a voicemail or try to reach the user via the follow me functionality.

Again, this all works as expected except for the light. I've also tested the system using the default extension's voicemail (ext 200 for example) and skip the routing to the announcement and virtual extension and the light works then. So it is clearly something to do with the fact that I route the call through an announcement and then to a virtual extension.

Any ideas on what I need to change to make this work?

Thanks!

Reaction score
My t46G's ext config's are set to watch one mailbox for messages. In the ext config of freepbx "mailbox" for all the extensions is set to "201@default" in my setup and the mwi works fine. So... what if you set the "mailbox" setting on the phones true extension (200) to "mailbox" 1200@default in the freepbx ext config.

Brian Simmons

Reaction score
Changing that field in the main extension to reflect the virtual vm extension did the trick (ie changing it from 200@default to 1200@default). The phones now properly display the VM Waiting indicator light. I wouldn't have thought about changing that field, so your help is greatly appreciated!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.