QUESTION Vmobile Vitelity CID No NAME

Hometech

Reaction score
Hope some one can help me out here. I have a Vmobile from Vitelity I notice that the CID received from my PBX only shows the number not the Name on the Vmobile Phone.

I have tested this from a internal extension calling Vmobile but it only shows the extension number. No Name
Outside calls from PBX to Vmobile only show the number unless they are in the contacts locally on the phone then it finds the name.

I am running
FreePBX 2.11.0.43
Asterisk (Ver. 11.5.1)

Any Ideas on were to begin with this?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Jake

Reaction score
I've noticed the same thing that it doesn't pass CNAM to the phone. I've been using Google to manage my contacts and sync that way.

Hometech

Reaction score
OK so its not just me then.
I guess I will need to open a ticket and see if anyone is home at vitelity.

Hometech

Reaction score
I just received a response to my ticket on vitelity's vmobile see bellow:
I was just informed the vmobile devices are not capable of delivering Alpha-numeric CNAM values.

I wonder if Ring plus supports Full CID ? Name and Number From PBXIAF to mobile ?

Jake

Reaction score
I would assume not as I don't think Ring Plus connects the same way. I don't think the cell phone registers to PBXIAF. Any one else confirm this? I'd like to also know.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.