Vitelity - E911

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

This is a continutaion of this thread - http://pbxinaflash.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19706&postcount=66

Joe & Tony:
Thank you for replies.
I tested my 911 trunk to Vitelity by dialing 811 (their 911 testing featured code) and it says my actual caller ID back to me. That means 911 call was successful according to Vitelity documentation. But when I dial 911, I receive the following message: "This line does NOT support 911 services" I asked Vitelity to check on their end to see if the e911 service is setup correctly. And their responce was as follow: Your e911 is setup correctly. Your 911 calls were not sent through our network.
I am sure both 911 and 811 are listed in the 911 outbound trunk.What am I doing wrong here?
Thanks,

My view on this is that you are not actually doing anything wrong here. You need to watch the Asterisk CLI as you make the call, and ensure that the call is going out to Vitelity, and the call made is hitting vitelity.

If it is, and you have done the E911 testing, then you should be good to go. If not you need to persevere with Vitelity support.

Joe

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
If you have followed along this project, then you have a manually created dialplan in extension_override_freepbx.conf to direct 911 calls to that recording.

Just remove that section of the dial plan and you should be perfectly good to go.

Please let us know how this works out for you.

Tony

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

Good catch Tony, I'd forgotten about that addition you had made.

Joe

nsukho

Reaction score
I made a 911 test call today after making the changes and it went through successfully.
Thanks again for your help.

nsukho

Reaction score
set up for 911 calls for multiple locations on one server

Now I have more than one client having 911 service on the same VoIP server. How would set up the PIAF to send out its individual (extension) location info to 911 call center? Those DIDs & 911 service are from different ITSP.
Thanks,
Neil

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
Try This -

I think there are a couple ways you can get the granularity you need in trunk control. One way is to install the third party "Custom Contexts" module, and one is to create your own custom contexts.

I really prefer the manaul method - for a lot of reasons, although it has its down sides.

markiper wrote up a realy concise article (It was for a completely different purpose than E911 services) that shows a way to limit specific extensions to using specific outbound routes.

It seems to me that method could be used to do what you are trying to do. If you have A2Billing in this mix - remember to include the A2Billing route or your extensions wont be able to dail anything BUT 911.

Read through Mark's arctile:

http://pbxinaflash.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18787&postcount=7

Here some thoughts.

Ignore steps 1 and 2. They dont apply to your situation.

Step 3 does need to be done - all of it.
I would make the name somehow related to the TSP just to keep things understandable. [from-internal-custom-tsp1], [from-internal-custom-tsp2], and etc. Make one for each different TSP you use for e911 services.

Near the bottom, Mark talks about commenting out the include outbound-allroutes, and introducing an include for just the outbound route he wants to use for this context.
This is where you put the outbound route for e999 services for THIS TSP. You also need an include line for the A2B-DID route - so that entensions in this context can still dail out for non 911 calls. As Mark says, This information will be obtained from EXTENSION_ADDITIONAL.CONF.

Step 4 needs to be done. This step puts the extension into the context for this TSP. Now, this extension can only use trunks specified IN this context.

As always - please let us know how this works for you. If it wokrs as well as I think it will, maybe we'll do another new article in the A2Billing Adventure covering this and E911 in our A2Billing environment.

-tshif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dhonn
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.