vitelity DIDs losing registration

rolfbeethoven

Reaction score
That what I concluded and that's why I opened a global synapse account. But why would I run into the same problem with that service since they're on the public internet? In any event, I used the IP address in lieu of the trunk registration on vitelity's web site and so far all the calls have gone through. I'll give it a few days and see how the reliablity is.

alauppe

Reaction score
So, I believe this is a limitation native to IAX2. I haven't been able to put my finger on exactly what the problem is, but we run a small ITSP for our Asterisk consulting customers. Literally for years it was never an issue, and then one day - boom, calls weren't being completed. On the ITSP server, we would get "Peer XYZ unreachable" then on the next line, instantly, "Peer XYZ now reachable." Setting Qualify=no only turned off the notifications, but the calls still wouldn't go through sometimes.

I believe IAX2 has a concurrent connection limitation caused by some logistical limitation. Be it processor related, or network interface related I don't know... We never EVER have problems like this on point-to-point IAX2 trunks, but on boxes that host MANY IAX2 trunks, it is consistent, and troubling.

As an ITSP, we configure IAX2 trunks by default, but because of this problem, we've started giving every customer a SIP account that our server fails over to if it can't get through on the IAX2 connection. It is disturbing how often these backup SIP accounts are in use.

I bet this is the same problem vitelity is bumping up against, and the reason for their recommendation that customers use SIP.

I would LOVE to work with someone to figure out what this problem really is - what the limitation is, etc. Don't hesitate to contact me if you think you might know what's going on here...

AndyML

termy_pe

Reaction score
I got the exact same problem with les.net. For 2 months now, I had a did with them for 3 years. And now, it deregister. But after a while of not working 3600sec. it register it self. It when the did is used alot it does that. I would try to put the registration fast like 120 sec. So if it deregister it will be down for 2 mins.l

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.