DEAL Vitelity Deal: 3.99 per DID with 4 channels

mspieker

Reaction score
My experience has been this,

The "for a limited time" that you see, is simply for advertising to give people the extra nudge to sign up. I've had them for over a year with the same prices the whole time.

Each did has its own forwarding, and its own failover values, so you can send didfferent did's to different failover/forwarding destinations if you desire.

tafische

Reaction score
Thanks! Sounds good.

Does the link allow $3.99 signup if I am going to port my number upon signup? Would like this to be as hassle free as possible.

pssguru

Reaction score
Nothing but frustration with Vitelity

I signed up using the link via pbxinaflash. Selected my DID, their website shows it as a tier A. After looking in my account it is a tier B number. 6 emails without answering the question about the tier plan. After a call to customer service, they said no it is a tier B. First they said you did not sign up using the special pbxinaflash link. Then they said I did. Seems like a bait and switch company. Waste of time and money.:mad5:

mspieker

Reaction score
Well it's been over a year since I signed up, but if I recall correctly, I never saw the advertised price during signup, just once my account was created did it take effect. Definitely get in touch with them ahead of time though. Also I have no experience on their porting of numbers.

Hopefully somebody who has signed up recently has newer information.

sounds like pssguru has had a bad experience with them, that however has not been the case for me. Also signing up through the link puts a little coin back into the PBXIAF project, which helps us ALL out.

tafische

Reaction score
Never mind. Buried in one of the FAQs is a note that Ported numbers have to be pay per use. Guess the 3.99 deal is out...

jehowe

Guru
Reaction score
........Buried in one of the FAQs is a note that Ported numbers have to be pay per use. Guess the 3.99 deal is out...

Now I wonder when that happened. I currently have a ported number in Vitelity's $3.99 unlimited inbound deal. In any case, do a little math on your prior monthly usage. You may find pay-as-you-go to be a better deal overall.

Reaction score
Can't sign up via web

Tried to signup via website after filling out PIAF form:

I'm sorry, but due to recent problems with online transactions, we are no longer accepting any customers from our website. If you are interesting in opening an account with Vitelity, please call us at 1-888-898-4835. We will ask that you fax us personal identifiable information.

Update

cleared up that issue... have two did plus a vfax line... all working well

kevinkirts

Reaction score
Brian,

I had the same issue. I calledthem and they called back the next day. They just wanted my IP address and they took the block off and I could register just fine. I have been very happy with their service since I ported my two numbers in a month ago. Give them a call and they will get it straightened out.

-Kevin

kieranmullen

Reaction score
That is not true. I have ported over 6 numbers or so and they are all Network A. You can check to see what network it qualifies for beforehand on their site.

Never mind. Buried in one of the FAQs is a note that Ported numbers have to be pay per use. Guess the 3.99 deal is out...

denbush

Reaction score
Same here. Signed up because they advertised a DID in my town. Advertised that it took one day to get the DID. After a year, I still have no DID. After countless emails they offered to sell me a DID in an adjoining city. Told them to go ahead and 6 months later...nothing. Haven't really got anything for my $35.00 and now they refuse to refund any balance. Go to Callcentric. Very helpful and they did what they said they could in the timeline they advertised.

markb1439

Reaction score
I looked into Vitelity for a client project requiring one did with 24 channels. I was underwhelmed by my communications with Vitelity for a few reasons which I'll list here as constructive criticism, in hopes that it helps them improve.

First, I went to their contact page and clicked the e-mail link there. My message was returned because this contact address apparently does not accept e-mail from unknown addresses. (I wish they would have just said that on the contact page instead of listing a contact address that has limitations.) The e-mail suggested that I set up an account to submit a ticket. Instead, I just used the web contact form. I asked about channels, USF fees, and whether they have servers in California (a requirement for this client).

I got answers about a day later: "We only provide 10 channels on our retail service. The $7.95unlimited DID only comes with 2 channels. We only recover USF fees. We do have a POP at One Wilshire but its reserved for high volume wholesale customers."

I've asked the same questions to several other providers. Not a single one has said that they can't go over 10 channels. And not a single one has said that they have a California server...but I can't use it.

I thought their response was a little terse, for example the lack of a "Thank you for your interest in Vitelity" or something similar, not to mention the California server issue. And the channel limit prevents me from doing business with them in this case.

In addition, their response to my inquiry was indicated as a response to my "ticket." However, since my original inquiry was through a plain contact form (and not a true ticket, as I never set up an account with them), I have no way to reply directly to my "ticket" other than submitting a new inquiry. There is a link in the response to view the ticket, but it requires a password. When I try to use the "forgot password" function, using the same e-mail address as the username, I get a message that the account is not valid or has been disabled.

For a company specializing in communications, I found the communications too convoluted (e-mail and "ticket" issues), and not particularly cordial.

Just my .02 worth.

Mark

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

This concept of channels is something of a throwback to traditional telecoms, and I am not sure I like where this approach seems to be going.

In traditional telephony, someone would sell you say an E1, which was 30 channels - it's 30 channels because the technology of E1 does not allow more than 30 channels to be squeezed down that piece of copper.

In SIP, the concept of channels does not exist, how many channels can be sent to your PBX depends on your bandwidth, and your server's ability to process those calls.

So given that the telephony business is the only business I know where the prices only every go down, and rarely up, the carriers have to think of new ways of charging you, and charging on the basis of "Available Capacity" seems to be the way they are going.

If you have a large number of customers, with a substantial amount of traffic, you may consider moving into being your own Telecoms Provider. With larger amounts of traffic, you are working in the wholesale environment, where calls are inevitably x cents per minute, with to all intents and purposes, no simulated limits on capacity, although if you are likely to have a peak, they would like to know about it so they can plan for the future.

Finally, as an aside, it is interesting to note, as well as being great for the ego, that a number of the SIP providers which have been mentioned on these forums have either been our customers for whom we have installed a system and provided training and support, or we know they are using A2Billing, so if you were to take this step, you would not be alone.

Yours

Joe

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You might want to try didforsale.com. You get 20 channels for $8.99 a month, and they have some test DIDs you can set up for a day or two to try on your own.

Hat

Guru
Reaction score
To markb1439;

In the interest of offering a possible solution to your search and not wanting to veer of the Vitelity topic. Have you looked at voip.ms? They have a Los Angeles server, can do unlimited call "channels" (ppm) and have been rock solid for me (residential use only-low volume).

kieranmullen

Reaction score
Mark, if you need 24 channels why are you looking at the retail option? This makes no sense. Have you dealt with these systems before at all?

1) Vitelity on their retail side has "Retail Virtual PRI Pricing" It is right there in plain sight
http://vitelity.com/index.php?p=retailserv

You do not want the $7 per month option wiht 2 channels. besides you are limited per their tos to 4k minutes per month

2) Vitelity has a wholesale side, you may want to take a look at that. http://vitelity.com/index.php?p=carrier

3)I second didforsale.com as I am using their service as well to vitelity.com However if you need more handholding then I would suggest voicepulse.com http://voicepulse.com/connect/Rates.aspx

4 Channels (for business use and unlimited) for $11 a month plus tax. Extra channels are $20 per month. "Customers needing more than 20 channels should contact us for discounted volume pricing."

Either way if you are switching over from a true T1 then you know the cost of an actual T1 and comparing them VOIP is a bargain.

I looked into Vitelity for a client project requiring one did with 24 channels. I was underwhelmed by my communications with Vitelity for a few reasons which I'll list here as constructive criticism, in hopes that it helps them improve.

First, I went to their contact page and clicked the e-mail link there. My message was returned because this contact address apparently does not accept e-mail from unknown addresses. (I wish they would have just said that on the contact page instead of listing a contact address that has limitations.) The e-mail suggested that I set up an account to submit a ticket. Instead, I just used the web contact form. I asked about channels, USF fees, and whether they have servers in California (a requirement for this client).

I got answers about a day later: "We only provide 10 channels on our retail service. The $7.95unlimited DID only comes with 2 channels. We only recover USF fees. We do have a POP at One Wilshire but its reserved for high volume wholesale customers."

I've asked the same questions to several other providers. Not a single one has said that they can't go over 10 channels. And not a single one has said that they have a California server...but I can't use it.

I thought their response was a little terse, for example the lack of a "Thank you for your interest in Vitelity" or something similar, not to mention the California server issue. And the channel limit prevents me from doing business with them in this case.

In addition, their response to my inquiry was indicated as a response to my "ticket." However, since my original inquiry was through a plain contact form (and not a true ticket, as I never set up an account with them), I have no way to reply directly to my "ticket" other than submitting a new inquiry. There is a link in the response to view the ticket, but it requires a password. When I try to use the "forgot password" function, using the same e-mail address as the username, I get a message that the account is not valid or has been disabled.

For a company specializing in communications, I found the communications too convoluted (e-mail and "ticket" issues), and not particularly cordial.

Just my .02 worth.

Mark

kieranmullen

Reaction score
Could you point to the voip.ms page that indicates they support business use and multiple channels or what their pricing for extra channels is?

To markb1439;

In the interest of offering a possible solution to your search and not wanting to veer of the Vitelity topic. Have you looked at voip.ms? They have a Los Angeles server, can do unlimited call "channels" (ppm) and have been rock solid for me (residential use only-low volume).

markb1439

Reaction score
You might want to try didforsale.com. You get 20 channels for $8.99 a month, and they have some test DIDs you can set up for a day or two to try on your own.

Ward, thank you. I have followed the discussions of them on your forums, and am looking into them.

Have you looked at voip.ms?

Thanks for this tip as well. We are also looking into them.

Mark, if you need 24 channels why are you looking at the retail option? This makes no sense. Have you dealt with these systems before at all?

Yes, but with fairly small projects. We have looked at wholesale vs. retail, and according to most providers we do not yet qualify for wholesale unless I missed something.

Vitelity on their retail side has "Retail Virtual PRI Pricing" It is right there in plain sight

True, and their price per channel is prohibitively high...much higher than DidForSale, for example.

Joe, you bring up very interesting points. The reasons for not yet becoming our own provider are lack of know-how and means...yes, we can set up VoIP systems, but we do not have the ability (or know-how) to obtain our own DIDs, etc. Any advice in that direction would be appreciated, though.

Thanks to all,

Mark

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

...but we do not have the ability (or know-how) to obtain our own DIDs, etc. Any advice in that direction would be appreciated, though...

Getting a DID and trunks is exactly the same as you are doing here. You go and purchase them from the DIDForSale, Voxbone, etc etc, and resell them, but you enjoy better pricing as you are buying in bulk, which puts you firmly in the carrier sections of the website, rather than in the residential area.

You need to look at the number of minutes your customers are doing, take a guestimate as to how many customers you can bring over to your own service, and decide whether it is profitable.

Joe

Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.