I HAVE A DREAM Up-board, a middle point between RPi & NUC?

TirsoJRP

Reaction score
UPSlide3Right.png

Up-board is an x86 board inspired by the RaspberryPi, it completely clones the RPi2 layout and adds USB3 OTG.

At US$99 with a 16GB emmc, 2gb ram and gigabit this could be a nice option for appliances such as IPBX, pfsense, etc. [32/4gb option available]

I am definitely getting one.

Last edited:

magna.vis

Guru
Reaction score
Everyone always sees these smaller devices as pfSense (or equivalent open source firewall/UTM distro) potentials. For the $100 base layout, then case and stable PSU, additional gigabit USB Ethernet adapter (with Linux support, mind you), one may as well actually lay out the money for the real thing. And never-mind wanting more than two gigabit ports, unless you want to pay for a USB 3.0 hub, and then who knows what kind of crazy things you may have to deal with. This may be a decent PBX, but the real price gap between the RPi and devices like the NUC (and there are already cheaper Atom offerings in between), this thing is going to swim in an already saturated market at a price point it thinks it can compete at for one reason: it's x86 that looks like a Pi.

Cool device, I just can't think of anything that I would use it for. Maybe a better media center than a Pi? Even then there are significant limitations compared to the NUC, and if I were willing to cut those features out I'd go down to a Pi.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.