NO JOY Unavailable voicemail greeting plays four beeps then recording

imekul

Reaction score
I'm configuring a brand-new Incredible PBX 12.0.74 system.

I have recorded a couple of unavailable voicemail greetings for two different extensions, and now when I dial those extensions I hear four beeps, each separated by about four seconds, followed by the unavailable recording I recorded.

This happens with both extensions that I have recorded unavailable messages for, but for any of the other extensions, I just get the default "The person at extension 202 is unavailable. Please leave your message after the tone."

Does anybody know why this is? I first noticed the issue when creating a paging and intercom group, and none of the extensions would ring. I did some work to isolate and found out that these were the offending extensions. I then tried disabling voicemail on those extensions, and the paging group worked fine.

imekul

Reaction score
Just wanted to provide an update.

Without changing anything, I tried dialing those two extensions again. And... they work. No more four beeps; it just goes straight to the unavailable voicemail message when I dial the extensions. Additionally, the paging group seems to work fine now with the two extensions included.

Go figure! Hopefully it continues to behave.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jetest
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.