FOOD FOR THOUGHT UK BT Busy Detection

Singing Dwarf

Reaction score
I have successfully installed and configured Incredible PBX 12.0.70 using the advice here and elswhere. I am based in the UK.

I have two SIP accounts setup (Localphone and sipgate UK), together with a BT landline which I connect to via a Fritz!Box.

Inbound and Outbound calls are made via the Fritz!Box configured as a Trunk on the PBX and as a Telephony Device on the Fritz!Box, following the advice here. This all works fine.

However, if an inbound call from the Fritz!Box is delivered to a destination such as Lenny or music on hold, the PBX never detects when the caller hangsup. I have determined that a 40sec 400Hz tone is generated, but the PBX does not detect this tone and so the BT line is never released. The problem does not occur on inbound calls from either sipgate or Localphone.

I have researched this problem, which appears to be fairly common issue, but most of the discussion appears to relate around DAHDI channels and I have not found any definitive solution. I have found talk of modifying indications.conf, but other references which state this is related to generating tones, rather than detecting them.

Is anybody able to suggest a possible resolution to my issue please?

Singing Dwarf

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I found this blog post, which suggests editing dahdi/zapata to ensure that busydetect=yes/callprogress=yes to prevent this situation.
However, there appears to be no zapata.conf file and I understood that dahdi is not applicable in my case - is this assumption correct?

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Hi Singing Dwarf

Could you provide some asterisk logs of what happens on an answered call when the inbound caller hangs up, compared to the Lenny MoH issue?

Also, by Fritz!Box, I take it you mean the 7390 model?

I want to see how the Fritz!Box tells an answered call, that the inbound caller has hung up, compared to a call that goes to Music on Hold.

Singing Dwarf

Reaction score
Many thanks for your response hecatae - this got me thinking about the different responses myself a little more. Actually, there is no difference in the log when an inbound caller hangs up between Lenny/MoH and the call being answered by an internal extension - i.e. the hangup by the caller is not recognised by Incredible, the internal extension hears a continuous tone once the caller has hung up, just as Lenny does. Only the callee hangup is noted in the log.

I have posted an extract from a call being answered from an internal extension - I am using the CallerID Creep Detector dial plan to check for withheld numbers (it was too large to post here).

The Fritz!Box is 7360

Singing Dwarf

Reaction score
I've edited /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf to include

Code:
rxgain=5.0
busydetect=yes
busycount=3
callprogress=yes
progzone=uk

some of which is suggested in this blog post.

It has had no effect.

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
Singing Dwarf dahdi configuration changes will not do anything sadly, as you are sip trunking.

You have also confirmed the Fritz!Box 7360 is not terminating the call when the inbound caller hangs up... I think we need to check the 7360 settings

Singing Dwarf

Reaction score
You have also confirmed the Fritz!Box 7360 is not terminating the call when the inbound caller hangs up... I think we need to check the 7360 settings

OK, do you have any idea what should I check hecatae ? There are no configuration settings to do with call handling upon disconnect as far as I can see?

Singing Dwarf

Reaction score
Yes hecatae, I believe that it is possible to downgrade the firmware - AVM make the downgrade available on their FTP site. All of my configuration will however be reset to factory settings, so I'm a little reluctant to do this without good reason. Do you have reason to believe that downgrading to Fritz!OS 6.05 may help with my problem? I can't see anything obvious on the release notes, so I'm a little curious as to why you think this may help?

Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful for any suggestions and your comments in particular, but just wondering what your thinking is?

Singing Dwarf

Reaction score
Thanks hecatae. I have upgraded to 6.30, which was made available for the 7360 yesterday.

I have the same problem, which persists when a call is received at a SIP device registered directly on the FritzBox itself and the caller (via the PSTN line) hangs up - i.e. the user on the SIP phone hears the continuous tone for a few seconds and then silence. The PSTN line is still connected, the FritzBox never drops it.

I had hoped that perhaps the rtptimeout in SIP Settings, or silencedetecthangup within the trunk configuration may have helped with the problem.

Neither of them do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.