QUESTION The number you have dialed is unallocated

Tom Clark

Reaction score
The attorney to whom I provide PBX service told me that one of her clients mentioned that they heard a "The number you have dialed is unallocated" message when trying to call her. When I investigated this I discovered that phone calls to the law office weren't even making it to the VoIP provider (voip.ms). I have discussed this with voip.ms, and they are escalating it with their carrier. At one point voip.ms asked me if the number was in the process of being ported out, which it is not. I didn't think to ask them at the time if they saw evidence that the number was being ported, or whether they were just grasping at straws. Has anyone encountered this message before, and if so, what was the underlying problem?

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
Tom Clark

In my limited experience, when I've encountered things like this, it is usually a problem with an upstream carrier. Chances are if voip.ms doesn't have any on-going maintenance or current issues, it's going to be further up the chain. My two cents. I'm sure some others will chime in...

Tom Clark

Reaction score
The situation was resolved yesterday when the law office started receiving phone calls again. I'm a little disappointed with the response time, though. I initially reported the situation to voip.ms Tuesday night just before 11 pm California time. I had to create a support ticket as chat was unavailable. Although they responded within 20 minutes via email, there was no contact from them between then and 6:30 am Wednesday when I initiated an online chat. They told me that they would escalate it with their carrier. Six hours later the phone was working, but voip.ms didn't update the support ticket for nearly 24 hours. Perhaps their carrier didn't notify them in a timely manner, but they could have tested the line periodically throughout Wednesday night and Thursday morning. This little hiccup does not change my overall opinion of them, though. I'm still happy with their service.

Sidenote: During the online chat on Tuesday, they said that they would escalate the situation to their carrier. When I asked who their carrier was, they said that they could not tell me. This morning at 5:30 am the business line rang once. The Call ID Name was Vitelity. Later this morning they informed me that the problem was solved. Coincidence? :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.