I HAVE A DREAM The Easy Mass Dialer

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Vitelity also has free SMS. Would be nice to select SMS provider. I'd love to Beta this. Let me know

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
You mean so that you can send an SMS message out if the phone is SMS enabled, but if not, maybe initiate a phone call? If you know the carrier, I think they can let you know, but if you dont', then I know of no method. I know Vitelity has an API where you can know if the DID you won via them is SMS enabled, but otherwise, I don't know of any method. I'll look around though if that's what you're searching for.

Reaction score
i know i could curl something like http://www.whitepages.com/phone/number and parse for landline or wireless.

After running a large batch though, I notice several cell phones where marked as landline, so this is probably just using carrier assigned blocks from along time ago. :/ This only covers north america too need a better global solution

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
After running a large batch though, I notice several cell phones where marked as landline, so this is probably just using carrier assigned blocks from along time ago.

Not only that, but now you can start to find landline numbers that are SMS enabled. One could just send SMS to numbers blindly, but when dealing with international, you'll get billed for it even if its not a valid SMS enabled number. There MUST be a method for doing this though, as I know I have gotten a voicemail from someone that sent me a text to my landline. Their carrier (not sure who) - must have determined that the desired number was not SMS enabled and they actually did a TTS translation and played that to me.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Funny thing is that lots of folks now assume that you can send SMS messages anywhere. We get SMS messages on our house phone all the time. None of the senders would know VoIP if it bit 'em in the butt. For all they know, it's a landline. As it happens, they all come through just fine via email and forwarding to our cellphones.

Reaction score
ok so first working draft is ready to poke at, would anyone like to aid me in putting together a freepbx installer for it?

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
What's up with this project? I would love to see it and could help to create the freepbx installer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.