TeleYapper PhoneBook v5.01 - BETA

The Deacon

Guru
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I'm *LOVING* the new TeleYapper v5.0 that Ward just published!

Since Ward did all the heavy lifting on TeleYapper, I figured it was only fair that I do my part and update the TeleYapper PhoneBook (TYPB) to work with the latest (and in my opinion, GREATEST) version of TeleYapper yet!

There are a couple of changes to TYPB that you should know about:
  • This version ONLY works with version 5.0; so if you're using TeleYapper 4.0, DON'T INSTALL THIS VERSION because it won't work and it will break stuff.
  • Since TeleYapper 5.0 uses two fields (providers and locations) I created two separate tables in the reminders database (called, oddly enough, providers and locations). These two tables *MUST* have at least one entry each added for TYPB to work correctly. They can be dummy entries, but they must be entries nonetheless. (I could have added them for you, but how much fun would that have been?!?)
  • This version also adds an icon to the administration screen. Not sure if I like that or not, but it's been requested several times.

The installation is pretty straight-forward...

Code:
cd /root
wget http://www.highness.org/typhonebook_v5.pbx
chmod +x typhonebook_v5.pbx
./typhonebook_v5.pbx

Once the module is installed, do the following:

1. Point your browser at your PiaF box and log in as "maint".
2. Select "Module Admin", then select "TeleYapper Phonebook" (its in the Maintenance section) and select "Install"
3. Once the configuration has been reloaded, you can click on the "Tools" tab and then select the TeleYapper Phonebook button.
4. You will need to initially add at *LEAST* one "Provider". So select "Add a provider" and enter their name (and select submit).
5. You will need to initially add at *LEAST* one "Location". So select "Add a location" and enter the location name (and select submit).
6. You are now free to Add / Edit / Delete entries to your TeleYapper phonebook.

Remember - this version is still beta and will probably have a bug or six. Please report any funkiness and I'll do my best to make it better.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
I just installed it and this is exactly what I have been looking for since 5.0 came out! Awesome! If I find bugs, I will let you know, but right now, it is working fine on a 1.7.5.5.2 GOLD install.
Thanks!

Reaction score
What happened to highness.org

I would like to try this out, but the site appears down....

Any one got a local copy ?

The Deacon

Guru
Reaction score
I am in the process of moving and took the site down yesterday afternoon, but should have it back up later this afternoon.

The Deacon

Guru
Reaction score
The web site is back up and things should be back to normal again.

-Rick

ou812

Guru
Reaction score
When I try to install it fails and gives this message.

root@pbx:~ $ chmod +x typhonebook_v501.tgz
root@pbx:~ $ ./typhonebook_v501.tgz
-bash: ./typhonebook_v501.tgz: cannot execute binary file

Gary.

Attachments

• status-output.txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 1

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
Look at Post # 1 again -- it is not a .tgz it is a .pbx

and .tgz need to be unzipped first anyways.

The Deacon

Guru
Reaction score
OK - looks like the web server still isn't working. Comcast is for some crazy reason, blocking port 80 inbound to me for the time being... It's a known problem, and they've got their best people working on it. :crazy:

So, what you will need to install this locally are these two files (I've attached them here). Copy both files to the /tmp directory and run the following commands:

Code:
cd /tmp
mv typhonebook_v5.pbx.txt typhonebook_v5.pbx
./typhonebook_v5.pbx

That should do the trick. If not, please let me know.

Attachments

• typhonebook_v5.pbx.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 32
  • typhonebook_v501.tar.gz
    47.7 KB · Views: 27

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Just installed the TYPB on a 17553(4?) Purple install, and I tried to insert a new entry, but I got this:
Code:
    QUERY = INSERT into reminders VALUES (0, '', 'Exec Meeting 4 1 11',  'Ross Lindsay', '03/31/11', '2330', 'Chadwell's Room 305 at WHS',  'Please have your bunny money with you.', '201', '8434469999', 0, 0)
INSERT failed.
Everything is standard - no DB passwords changed or anything. I can add/delete providers/locations, but it still doesn't work.
--Edit
It must be midnight. It doesn't like punctuation, or at least apostrophes. NM.

Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I'm *LOVING* the new TeleYapper v5.0 that Ward just published!

Since Ward did all the heavy lifting on TeleYapper, I figured it was only fair that I do my part and update the TeleYapper PhoneBook (TYPB) to work with the latest (and in my opinion, GREATEST) version of TeleYapper yet!

There are a couple of changes to TYPB that you should know about:
  • This version ONLY works with version 5.0; so if you're using TeleYapper 4.0, DON'T INSTALL THIS VERSION because it won't work and it will break stuff.
  • Since TeleYapper 5.0 uses two fields (providers and locations) I created two separate tables in the reminders database (called, oddly enough, providers and locations). These two tables *MUST* have at least one entry each added for TYPB to work correctly. They can be dummy entries, but they must be entries nonetheless. (I could have added them for you, but how much fun would that have been?!?)
  • This version also adds an icon to the administration screen. Not sure if I like that or not, but it's been requested several times.
The installation is pretty straight-forward...

Code:
cd /root
wget http://www.highness.org/typhonebook_v5.pbx
./typhonebook_v5.pbx

Once the module is installed, do the following:

1. Point your browser at your PiaF box and log in as "maint".
2. Select "Module Admin", then select "TeleYapper Phonebook" (its in the Maintenance section) and select "Install"
3. Once the configuration has been reloaded, you can click on the "Tools" tab and then select the TeleYapper Phonebook button.
4. You will need to initially add at *LEAST* one "Provider". So select "Add a provider" and enter their name (and select submit).
5. You will need to initially add at *LEAST* one "Location". So select "Add a location" and enter the location name (and select submit).
6. You are now free to Add / Edit / Delete entries to your TeleYapper phonebook.

Remember - this version is still beta and will probably have a bug or six. Please report any funkiness and I'll do my best to make it better.

This addon brooke my piaf GUI's could you please verify that ... ??

Thanks in advance.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Reason is probably that the download link for the fax icon is dead in this script.

maliron

Reaction score
Still messed up for me...

I just installed TYP and I too am having the same issue where my main menu now looks terrible. I changed the owner of the folder to asterisk, but it did not seem to make a difference for me.

Any suggestions?

Also, I need some advice on if I am barking up the right tree in going the teleyapper route here.

I have a customer who wants to be able to have my system call a dictation service and read the progress notes for a patient into it.

The reasons are convoluted of course. He has a thick accent do the dictation system has a hard time with his voice, and that is the only method the hospital will accept. He has trained Dragon on his Mac to understand him, which will then generate the text. He then wants my system (or any other solution) to read that Dragon generated text in a plain as day US accent to the hospital's dictation system.

Teleyapper is the only way I could think to implement this, and I have never used it before, and am only just not getting started with Asterisk.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Don't really need Teleyapper. Could modify NV Reminders to do it.
Anyway - try redownloading the Kennonoft UI. Lemme find the instructions and I will post them here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.