TeleYapper Phonebook now ready for testing

The Deacon

Guru
Reaction score
THIS THREAD HAS BEEN UPDATED - THE NEW THREAD CAN BE FOUND HERE:

http://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/update-teleyapper-phonebook.1202/?t=1202

-Rick

Hi All

I have just finished writing a set of scripts that will let us add/edit/delete entries to the TeleYapper database without having to use phpMyAdmin.

Currently the scripts only work with TeleYapper on PiaF. I haven't had a lot of time to write up any documentation yet, but at the bottom of this message is the quick install guide...

WARNING!
=======
This is beta software. This means that if you install it and it "bricks" your system - don't blame me if you have to reload it.

The scripts assume (and we all know what happens when you ASSUME) that your MySql root user exists and the password MUST BE passw0rd.

If your password is anything else, you will have to edit the variables in each file. Right now all the passwords are hard coded (this will be fixed in the final version).

I have tested this quite a bit, but as with all software, there are probably some bugs lurking that I missed.

If you have questions, comments, suggestions, etc, please let me know.

Thanks! :wink5:

-Rick

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
=====================
1. Log into your PiaF box as root (at the command line) and type the following:

cd /root
wget http://www.highness.com/typhonebook_v091.tgz
tar -zxvf typhonebook_v091.tgz -C /
rm typhonebook_v091.tgz

2. Go log into the PiaF box as "maint".
3. Select "Module Admin", then select "TeleYapper Phonebook" (its in the Maintenance section) and select "Install"
4. Once the configuration has been reloaded, you can click on the "Tools" tab and then select the TeleYapper Phonebook button.
5. Add / Edit / Delete entries to your TeleYapper database.

Last edited by a moderator:

tomsyr

Guru
Reaction score
Gave it a spin

I loaded this on my test box that has Teleyapper running. Install went fine, works very well - Good job!
I like how you can even delete entries by doing a search. :cool:
TomSyr

dad311

Guru
Reaction score
Just installed it, clean and simple. thx

Can I ask for a feature request? It would be helpful for a csv import/export feature.

thx again.

The Deacon

Guru
Reaction score
Just installed it, clean and simple. thx

Can I ask for a feature request? It would be helpful for a csv import/export feature.

thx again.

Let me see what I can do on the import/export thing. I don't think it'll be too hard to add. ;)

-Rick

Reaction score
I might rename Notes to Message...

When I put a note in it looked like it ended up in the msg field in the DB.

Which, as I understand it causes speech to text to fire up and read said "Note" overriding the recorded message.

Now, I can imagine this could be really funny if you kept notes on a neighborhood call group...

Just to be clear when I first saw the "Notes" I had hoped that whatever I typed there went into the "msg" field.

I test it and the number with no notes got the recorded message and the number with notes got to hear Allison.

Otherwise a really great addition to Teleyapper. Thanks...

The Deacon

Guru
Reaction score
When I put a note in it looked like it ended up in the msg field in the DB.

Which, as I understand it causes speech to text to fire up and read said "Note" overriding the recorded message.

Now, I can imagine this could be really funny if you kept notes on a neighborhood call group...

Just to be clear when I first saw the "Notes" I had hoped that whatever I typed there went into the "msg" field.

I test it and the number with no notes got the recorded message and the number with notes got to hear Allison.

Otherwise a really great addition to Teleyapper. Thanks...

You are ABSOLUTELY right! I remember when I was initially coding that, thinking that the msg field was for notes, but quickly figured it out...

I remember thinking "...I need to change that from 'Notes' to 'Message' and then thinking that I had done it... :eek:

I have fixed that issue as well as added the ability to import / export / upload CSV files.

The new version is posted here:

http://www.highness.com/typhonebook_v099.tgz

The revamped install instructions are:

To uninstall the original version (0.81 or higher) do the following:

1. Log into your PiaF box as "maint" and go to "Modules". Select the TeleYapper Phonebook and select "Uninstall".
2. Reload the settings.
3. Copy the typhonebook_v099.tgz to your PBXinaFlash system. Log in as root, go to the directory that you copied the typhonebook_v099.tgz to and do the following:

tar -zxvf typhonebook_v099.tgz -C /

4. Go back into the PiaF as "maint" and go to Modules. Select the TeleYapper Phonebook and select "Install".
5. Reload the settings.

You're back in business.

-Rick

Reaction score
Good work..

I was hoping to hear stories about people getting the Notes as Messages... Alas, it is not to be:smile5:

Thanks for the updates...

R

stuck

Reaction score
Hi Rick,
This phonebook is great, I just tested it, easy to upload spreadsheet of phone numbers, names and msg.
But I was wondering how we could make the broadcast message be partly recorded message and then insert TTS from the msg field. For Example, "Hi this message is to remind John Jones that you have an appointment tomorrow with Dr. White at 2 o'clock." Where the Blue is prerecorded human voice message and the Red is the TTS? Is that possible?

The Deacon

Guru
Reaction score
Hi Rick,
This phonebook is great, I just tested it, easy to upload spreadsheet of phone numbers, names and msg.
But I was wondering how we could make the broadcast message be partly recorded message and then insert TTS from the msg field. For Example, "Hi this message is to remind John Jones that you have an appointment tomorrow with Dr. White at 2 o'clock." Where the Blue is prerecorded human voice message and the Red is the TTS? Is that possible?

Well, that would certainly be possible; but a little out of scope for THIS package. The TeleYapper Phonebook was really only meant to give folks the ability to add/edit/delete entries to the phonebook.

I think for the most part, the TeleYapper application (and required database(s)) would have to be modified to suit the needs you describe... (That's something that someone would have to discuss with Ward regarding a license and such).

I don't know how many patients are in your practice or how many you are looking to call, but one possible solution you could use would be to get a copy of Cepstral Allison and put the text into the message field that you want spoken to your patients ("Hi this message is to remind John Jones that you have an appointment on Monday with Dr. White at 2 o'clock. - If you need to reschedule this appointment, please call us at 999-555-1212 at least 24 hours in advance." )

You could also use group 0-6 to correspond to the day of the week (0 = Sunday, 6 = Saturday) so you could set them up a couple of days ahead of time (on Friday, call the group for Monday, on Sunday call the Tuesday patients, etc).

Just a thought...

-Rick

stuck

Reaction score
I'm currently not in private practice and have no immediate need for this. But if I could get this function modified properly, I would like to offer it to colleagues who are in private practice. And I certainly would discuss licensing this for that purpose with Ward. And I already have a license of Cepstral Allison...

stuck

Reaction score
Hi Rick,
What is curious is that after installing the phonebook, my teleyapper system only plays the TTS message from the msg field. When I record a temporary message by pressing option #2, then #3 to activate the calls, it doesn't play the recorded message. In fact when I receive the call from teleyapper, I don't hear any of the system recording except between the first time the TTS message is played and the repeat, the system says "restarting" then silence and the system hangs up.

The Deacon

Guru
Reaction score
Hi Rick,
What is curious is that after installing the phonebook, my teleyapper system only plays the TTS message from the msg field. When I record a temporary message by pressing option #2, then #3 to activate the calls, it doesn't play the recorded message. In fact when I receive the call from teleyapper, I don't hear any of the system recording except between the first time the TTS message is played and the repeat, the system says "restarting" then silence and the system hangs up.

I sent the groups a combination of standard voice messages and Allison messages (to the same group at the same time).

So far, I've placed about 100 calls since I read your message (my wife and neighbors are pretty sick of me calling their cell/home phones).

After all the calls, I'm sorry to say, I can't reproduce the problem...

Have you turned on debugging and reviewed the logs in TeleYapper?

-Rick

stuck

Reaction score
Resolved

Thanks Rick,
it turned out to be the permissions in my customs folder in asterisk sounds. Not allowing files to be accessed or written. After I changed it everything seem to be working fine now.
I must of screwed it up somewhere along the way. It is obviously independent of your phonebook application.

stuck

Reaction score
Hi Rick,
I've just about modified it to do exactly what appointment reminder needs but I can't get Allison to speak the words in the {NAME} field.
I used this: exten => s,5,Swift("${NAME}")
but when I look at the CLI, at that line when Swift is activated it shows
-- Executing [t@broadcast2:5] Swift("SIP/Vitelity-08d0d6f8", """") in new stack

Thus nothing between the quotes mean it isn't finding any value in the {NAME} field. Do I need to tell it what database to look in first?

stuck

Reaction score
Never mind

Never mind, I figured out I had to set that variable in teleyapper.php works great now.

How difficult would it be to add a second Message field to your phonebook? I'm thinking of adding a second msg field in the sql database to accommodate for different physician names in case of group practices. (This is not critical as the message could just be generic for the office name)

Now I have to ask Ward how to pay for a license for this if I have any colleagues that would like to have this in their office?

BTW, if anyone needs this, I'll be glad to share what I have with Ward's permission.

The Deacon

Guru
Reaction score
It would be relatively easy. It would take me an hour or so to add a second message field to the forms and change the underlying code; then another hour or so to do the testing.

I'd need to know what you call the additional field so I could add that same field to my database...

-Rick

stuck

Reaction score
Hi Rick,
Thanks, anything you want to call it is fine, could be as simple as msg2.
in teleyapper.sql
I'll add

`msg2` varchar(250) NOT NULL,

(and see if reinstalling teleyapper will automatically create the DB with the additional field) after deleting the original DB.

and in teleyapper.php maybe I'll just add:

$custommsg2 = $row["msg2"] ;

and

fwrite($fptmp,$txt2write) ;
$txt2write = "Set: MSG2=" . $custommsg2 . "\n" ;

If this works, I think (when I have some time) I'll rewrite the whole yapper codes in extension_custom.conf to allow user to record their own first, second, and last part of the message and inserting the TTS for name, time, and Doctor name. eg.
Hi, this is an appointment reminder (first part)
John Jones (TTS name)
has an appointment with (second part)
Dr. White (TTS msg)
at (unchangeable background file)
3 PM (TTS msg2)
If you need to change this appointment please call us as soon as possible at 999-555-1212. (last part)

BTW, If I screw up my box and reinstall from last weeks backup, my Cepstral license should still be good right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nana1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.