Telephone Reminders 4.0.3 Adds 3 New Functions

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
I am running both the current version (4) on a PBXIAF box, and version 3 on a tb. On the PBXIAF box, there is some oddball behavior. When dialing an extension within the system, it seems that the voice mail system is picking up the inbound Voice Reminder. About the first 5 seconds is cut off, and the rest goes into the voice mail box. Voice Reminder version 3 doesn't do this - and I'm wondering if anyone else is having this situation.

To recreate, call the voice reminders, and create a reminder (I put the test reminders out 15 minutes into the future), then, when the call comes in - ignore it. On my PBXIAF system running version 4 of reminders - it goes into voice mail.

jvantslot

Reaction score
I seem to be getting the AM/PM bug as well. I can set a reminder successfully using military time for the afternoon but not for the morning.

Any way to prevent it from asking for AM/PM and just assume military time?

Marcial

Reaction score
The Telephone Reminder 4 is not working properly

I installed the Telephone Reinder 4.0 and it works all the way until you select AM or PM then it just send a busy signal. The prompt never gets to the Good Bye part. I looked in the different folders and it only saves the recording but it doesn save the actual reminder files.

Here is an example:

Today's Events in /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing:

Future Reminders in /var/spool/asterisk/reminders:

Reminder Messages in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom:
12010683235.gsm

Thank you,

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Are you entering the time as 4 digits, e.g. 0810, 1023, etc.? This works for me when the times are entered properly. I haven't tried 810# or just 810, but those probably would make it blow up. There's not much error correction in the code. We call it a feature. :crazy:

Marcial

Reaction score
The Telephone Reminder 4 is not working properly

I've tryed it Military Time and Regular Time. Same results it just give me a busy signal after I select AM or PM. One other thing that I forgot to mention. I ran the YUM Update Command and did all the upgrades, I don't know it this has anything to do with it. The PIAF ISO is version 1.1.

Thank you,

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
I am running both the current version (4) on a PBXIAF box, and version 3 on a tb. On the PBXIAF box, there is some oddball behavior. When dialing an extension within the system, it seems that the voice mail system is picking up the inbound Voice Reminder. About the first 5 seconds is cut off, and the rest goes into the voice mail box. Voice Reminder version 3 doesn't do this - and I'm wondering if anyone else is having this situation.

To recreate, call the voice reminders, and create a reminder (I put the test reminders out 15 minutes into the future), then, when the call comes in - ignore it. On my PBXIAF system running version 4 of reminders - it goes into voice mail.

Has anyone else experienced the voice reminders ending up in the extensions voice mail box? I'm not sure what to do next -

foneman

Guru
Reaction score
It is Late for sure!

I am not sure if it is because it is late or what, but I have been following along between here and NV and I think I have it done correctly...
At first glance, when the prompts are playing (1 for message 2 to record 3 to call) it quickly goes to a fast busy if I do not make a selection quickly.
Next, when I do press 3, it says my choices are 0 thru 9. I assume those are the groups I setup in the SQL DB correct?
Next, for the DB, I entered myself, name phone and group of 0. Where actually do I schedule the date and time? is it in LASTOKCALL area?
Forgive my tired brain...I really should go to bed..lol.
Thanks to all and see you soon!
gary

broncosis

Reaction score
be fast

I have also noticed that you need to be very quick on the
answers to the prompt or you get hung up on
and it make extra wave files

every time there is a unsuccessful attempt it leaves the wav there

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced the voice reminders ending up in the extensions voice mail box? I'm not sure what to do next -

:banghead: I'm fairly stuck on this problem, and I'm not sure where else to look. Does anyone else have this issue?

When a message is sent to an extension, the Voice Reminder system just sends it to the user voice mail box. The version 3 on Asterisk 1.2 did not behave this way for me. Does anyone have any thoughts - please?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Can someone having the problems describe your phone environment? I have only tested this with pure SIP phones, and they work fine. I do recall seeing something like this using an SPA-3000 even with earlier versions. Is this perhaps an issue with an ATA or a zaptel device?? Are you calling something other than a local extension? Have you changed the local trunk setting to something else? Just trying to figure out what's different on your systems and my pure SIP phone system. Thanks. :confused5:

diplex

Reaction score
Hi Ward.

I am using a Sipura 3000 adapter. Reminders will only fully complete the setup, when I use military time after 1200 hours. If I use (like) 0800 it will ask AM or PM and crash. It does not ask for AM or PM if it is set to a time after 1200 hours.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
What does the Asterisk CLI say is happening??

asterisk -rvvvvvvvvvv

diplex

Reaction score
Crash results after entering 0800 hours and entering "1" for AM

==========================

pbx*CLI> -- Executing [s@reminder4:3] Read("SIP/201-081ec690", "APPTTIME|custom/reminder3|4") in new stack
pbx*CLI> -- Accepting a maximum of 4 digits.
pbx*CLI> -- <SIP/201-081ec690> Playing 'custom/reminder3' (language 'en')
pbx*CLI> -- User entered '0800'
pbx*CLI> -- Executing [s@reminder4:4] GotoIf("SIP/201-081ec690", "1reminder5|s|1") in new stack
pbx*CLI> -- Goto (reminder5,s,1)
pbx*CLI> -- Executing [s@reminder5:1] BackGround("SIP/201-081ec690", "1-for-am-2-for-pm") in new stack
pbx*CLI> -- <SIP/201-081ec690> Playing '1-for-am-2-for-pm' (language 'en')
pbx*CLI> == Auto fallthrough, channel 'SIP/201-081ec690' status is 'UNKNOWN'
pbx*CLI> -- Executing [h@reminder5:1] Hangup("SIP/201-081ec690", "") in new stack
pbx*CLI> == Spawn extension (reminder5, h, 1) exited non-zero on 'SIP/201-081ec690'

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Try editing /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf and go to the [reminder5] context.

Replace:
exten => s,1,Background(1-for-am-2-for-pm)

Replace with:
exten => s,1,Set(TIMEOUT(digit)=7)
exten => s,2,Set(TIMEOUT(response)=10)
exten => s,3,Background(1-for-am-2-for-pm)

Also be sure you have the following file:
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/1-for-am-2-for-pm.gsm

Save changes and restart Asterisk. Try again and report back. If that doesn't do it, we'll take more drastic measures.

diplex

Reaction score
Well those 3 new lines in extensions_custom.conf seems to have fixed the problem.

Nice work!

Hard to believe a Lawyer is so good at this stuff :wink5:

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
We are straight SIP - a mix of hardware including Grandstream and Linksys. The PBXIAF is unmolested - only PBXIAF scripts etc have been run, and the system hasn't been, um, played with to death.

The Reminders are being sent to the local extension, not to an outside number or DID.

I sit here and watch it happen. The phone rings in with the reminder, and then happily goes off to voice mail just like it was a regular inbound call.

The voice reminder is recorded into the voice mail, and emailed out just like its supposed to be. Excepting of course, its not supposed to go to voice mail at all.... Right? :crazy:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
What does the Asterisk CLI say is happening?? :confused5:

asterisk -rvvvvvvvvvv

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
A problem has been reported by a few users. After installing Telephone Reminders, FreePBX may have difficulty reloading DialPlan settings. This is a FreePBX issue, but it needs to be resolved. So here's the temporary fix.

Last edited by a moderator:

frontline

Reaction score
/tmp permissions

FWIW, It is the reminders script that is changing the /tmp permissions to 755 from 1777 for those who have seen that problem. I know this is discussed in a couple other threads but thought the solution belongs here. Obviously is you reset the /tmp permissions to 1777 it will not change again until you attempt to install or update reminders again. That is unless one of the other scripts is also resetting the permissions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.