TIPS Suggestions for somewhat large/complicated home phone system?

Reaction score
Yeah, if transferring/conferencing is just a matter of hitting a couple buttons, I can probably get them to do that, in which case I could use any phones I feel like.

Reaction score
One of the few times things are cheaper here than there I guess.

Hah! You win this round, Canada!
But yeah, I've been reading over the manual for the KX-TGP500/550.
I'm kind of leaning towards starting with the 550 since you start off with 2 stations since you have the base and a handset, which means once you max the handsets you'll have 7 stations.

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll add e4 to the list of places to look at.
I know they may be an extravagance and a bit pricey, but I view the house as somewhat of a test environment/learning lab to learn and play with new things, so I don't mind spending money on stuff (when I can afford it).

Reaction score
After finally getting some info on the UDS124 and researching the TGP500/TGP550 more I don't think they actually do the clean POTS emulation like I was thinking (it looks like a number of their features are based on backend feature support FreePBX doesn't have), so I've decided to just figure out what type of phone works best where and replace things with whatever I feel like. :p
I'll just have to teach them to do transfers/parks/conferences via dial codes (since most of the phones will be cordless of some sort).
Right now I have my GXP2124 in my shop in the basement, my new T46G with EXP40 in my room, the old Panasonic analog set on my Obi110 (I just configured the one handling the POTS line to feed incoming calls to PIAF instead of directly out to the phone itself, so incoming POTS calls are actually going to the SIP devices now), and soft clients on a few devices. I'm waiting for my cheap Android phone and a WiFi phone to arrive to test them out for usability/practicality.
I also just added a Grandstream GXV3615WP_HD and set it up in the room we put my baby nephew in when he's here as a babycam/intercom. Pretty cool camera. I installed the video plugin for csipsimple on my tablet and tried it out today and it seemed to work pretty well with video.

My current plan is to replace the oddball analog phones first, then start replacing the handsets on the Panasonic analog set.

I have my extensions, ring groups, and follow me's all configured, I just need the actual devices now to use them. hah!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.