FOOD FOR THOUGHT Success Stories

vespaman

Guru
Reaction score
We’re currently using PIAF 1.3. Its just great, especially for free software. I started at A@H 1.0 for our ITC company. We have a mixture of ZAP cards, ATA’s, Cisco 7940’s,PSTN and SIP and IAX trunks in a 4 machine config - 3 local servers (here in NZ) linked by IAX trunks and 2 offsite 7940’s using SIP over 2 ADSL connections. We also have another associate with a server in Florida via IAX for those rare US calls and he can call his parents here in NZ for nothing. We had issues originally - who didn’t ? The cost savings and the learning curve have been worth the effort. We’ve done cisco and avaya and just kept the cisco phones. FreePBX is just brilliant, PIAF rocks and is very stable. We installed a 1.2 server in a local school recently that had a bad experience with an IT consultant and a “pure” asterisk install. They were pretty unhappy and had been let down a bit by the installer. We were referred by another local IT company to help them out. Echo went away, message lights worked again, they even had the right time on thier phones. Inserting the name and logo of the school on the principles and secretarys Linksys IP phones was just the icing on the cake for them !

Great product - keep up the good work.

mrsci

Reaction score
We have completed our PBX in a Flash installation. We are running version 1.3 on a 2.6Ghz Core 2 system. We are using Aastra 55i and 53i handsets. Overall I am very pleased with the system it is a vast improvement over Packet8's Virtual Office solution. We are still using Packet8 for our inbound trunk. We are using a Voip.ms as our primary outbound trunk. So far we have had no problems with either one. This website has been a huge help with our project.

cb122

Reaction score
Saving Money at home

I work in the telecom industry maintaining a Cisco UCCE environment and while doing research I ran across Trixbox, One of the marketing guys in my company recommended that I look at Nerdvittles and learn a little about Asterisk.

As I have been aggressively cutting costs at home I looked into setting up a viable phone set up at home as AT&T were charging an exorbitant amount of money for as little as we used the phone.

I bit the bullet and had an older Dell Box and some old Mitel phones that were no longer in use as we have migrated to Cisco Phones at work. I downloaded PBIaF from the nerdvittles link due to the deal they had with vitelity. Installed PBIaf, configured the CallID Superfecta, and 4 lines in my home. I have effectively cut my costs down from $60 to about $8. I have also gotten the wife approval ( I overheard her bragging to one of her friends about how much she loves having a geek for a husband while telling them about the new phone system)

The only issue we have really had is that after periods of uptime over 48 hours the Digum Tdm400 xfo card that I have terminating an analog endpoint echos on an inbound callers phone. I need to look into that but the workaround is to reboot the server every 48 hours.

Thanks to you Ward, Tom, and Joe for the hard work.

gregc

Guru
Reaction score
I just was looking through my call logs and thought I'd post up about our satisfaction with PIAF.

We are running an Orgasmatron2 build on an Everex gpc2. 12 lines via PRI (sangoma A101D), 15 57i's, 2 analog fax machines (sangoma A200) - we fax in and out many times daily - dozen or more, and my home phone via sip ATA gateway. My home voip inbound is all ran into the pbx as is a backup trunk from PIAF.

We have around 6500 calls (give or take 1000 depending on the month) with about 10000-12000 minutes used.

There are quirks occassionaly but it is usually due to operator error. We did have an issue last week with our T1 going down (telco issue) and the PIAF service worked great... even for faxing.

I've been able to work through just about all the quirks in short time with the help of the guys here on the forum.

Thanks PIAF!!

mikemee

Reaction score
Over the past few years, I've installed A@H, then TB. Getting on close to 10 boxes and 100 extensions by now. Mostly as a hobby. Several for small businesses and non-profits. Some by proxy with a friend of mine who does get paid for it.

The time came recently to update a Via C7 install to something with a bit more oomph so we could handle G729 calls to conserve bandwidth, lots of inbound conference calls and generally provide more headroom for a growing system.

So we bought an Atom board and then hesitated. TB was the default choice, but they've been messing around with FreePBX compatibility recently, the tone of the forum is changing, and it seemed time to explore alternatives.

Ward's articles had always been a staple, so pbxiaf was a natural first choice. Unfortunately the board hung during install so we moved on to Elastix which installed first time. After an extended nightmare getting the Sangoma A200 board to work (a few hours of recompiling and messing aorund), we started playing with Elastix.

Overall, we have to say that Elastix is pretty darn nice. There is lots of support on the forums, the GUI hangs together pretty well. And they don't mess with FreePBX too much. But ... there's just too much going on. Not everything in the extras quite worked. We were worried about upgrading FreePBX based on some warnings in the forum and we hit some problem that I forget now that discouraged us from continuing.

Next step was old faithful TB. We tried 2.4 which installed ok. But then we hit the wall trying to get the ethernet driver installed. Initially we used another enet card in the pci slot to get going, but gcc wasn't installed. Did all the usual things (it had been a while!) but couldn't get it going. Along the way, TB upgraded itself to 2.6, which we didn't want, and it generally got messy (though the Sangoma card went straight in without a hitch).

Oh, should I mention we tried a couple of the above options on vmware first just to get a feel for them?

Anyhow, pretty annoyed, and running out of time, we went back to our first choice, pbxiaf. With the knowledge gained, we now disabled the ethernet in the bios, and install went wonderfully smoothly. Then the ethernet drivers were installed (and as Ward pointed out http://pbxinaflash.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22196&postcount=26 there was an easier alternative to that also).

And then we set about copying everything over from the old system to the new. (GRRRR, backups for FreePBX don't quite work do they though the multi-extension module saves a bunch of time).

And... there's not much to add. The process has been wonderfully pain free. There's some confidence in knowing that everything is the latest greatest and that getting updates are easy.

All that's left is to rack up the box, work out how to do endpoint management (copy it off the old TB is the 'if all else fails' strategy) and then test the hell out of it over the weekend before everyone gets in on Monday!

If all else goes well, I might even get brave and put the box naked on the net to avoid some of the firewall configuration complexity that happens in pfsense with dual WANs.

Many thanks to the thoughtful and detailed hard work that has gone into pbx in a flash. Truly great!

aster1sk

Guru
Reaction score
Moved from TB last month from a comment suggestion on my blog.

I love the fact that * is built on update and not broken after yum.

System is running within a VM on a horrible chop box with no issue.

(P4 -2.7 1GB 1TB - plus there are 2 other VM's running on this system!)

I would say the best part is the support and forum attendance. It is not easy to find so many who are as generous (and helpful) as the good people of this forum.

usa4148

Reaction score
Greetings,

I made a small donation to PIAF today and here is my first PIAF success story:

I am working with a small internet site matches students and tutors nationwide in over 160 subjects.

We needed a system that could be installed quickly. Would provide reliable service and handle the call volume while still fitting the internet startup budget model. We were using a few Vonage phones that were just not cutting it as our volume picked up. My systems experience includes 20 years with voice and data trading networks, digital and analog trading turrets, key systems, 3com pbxes and running Linux & Windows networks.

Looking into Asterisk solutions I chose PIAF as a best in class design to implement a VOIP solution for a small office. Using a recycled hp 380dl picked up off craigslist, a dozen aastra 9143i phones and a Teliax iax2 pay-as-you go trunk we now have 10 glorious channels to handle our inbound 800 call volume, an IVR to provide students and tutors with voice faq and customer service. For fax services I am using a Linksys PAP device which is working smoothly. We are in the process of porting the vonage numbers. The system is stable.

On the more challenging side I have implemented e911 location service which I have attempted to test with the City of Chicago's 911 emergency responce center. Testing with them did not go as smoothly as I might have hoped. Basically their procedure with any VOIP call is to just ask where you are. I could not get a coherent answer out of the operators as to whether or not they could see my e911 location data. Please email me with any suggestions or your experiences on integrating & testing with the Chicago 911 Center as I am a bit humbled by my experience.

Now if you are setting up a system for a family with small kids or very old people this raises some red flags. Thinking schools, Nursing Homes, shelters etc. I know you can put in a POTS line and route 911 calls through. But I am trying to make the most out of VOIP and avoid using the Bell Monopoly. Perhaps we should start an e911 Success Stories / Implementation HELP/ FAQ thread.

Regards, Thanks again,
Dan

skyfire

Reaction score
Two servers - Rock Solid Redundancy!!!

THE ORIGINAL PROBLEM

I was running an older version of Piaf on a dell 900 MHz box and it was running just fine. However whenever we lost Internet connectivity we lost phones. Pretty bad situation when customers can’t call in.
THE SOLUTION!!!
The company purchased two dell workstations (530s's) and I installed Piaf 64bit on each of them. I placed one unit at the shed and the other at the corporate office. I created two trunks between the two boxes. I also loaded both the companies VoIP numbers with the backup servers on each box. I created 9000 and 9100 extensions to separate between them and created ring groups each box ringing all numbers on each box.
Now we have complete redundancy. If one location looses Internet connectivity the customer can still reach us.
This was all done with about $700 purchase of hardware.

Call quality is excellent.

Also, the extra features like parking, conferencing and paging makes the boss very happy.

Praise be to the PIAF Crew!!!

Tony1044

Reaction score
Well here's a story :)

I first started using Asterisk@Home about 4/5 years ago when it first came out at which time, I had it setup in VMware Workstation on an old laptop that I had spare.

A friend and I intended to go into business together and this did everything we needed, including allowing me to plug my fax machine into an ATA and send/receive faxes.

Unfortunately the business never got off the ground but I never got rid of the VMware image.

Earlier this year, as a part of my work as an independent IT contractor, I built myself a shiny new HP ProLiant ML110G5 and put VMware ESXi onto it.

Amongst the many machines it runs, among them including: Exchange 2007, a pair of domain controllers, a file server, a mailcontrol server and a SlimServer for my Squeezeboxes, imagine my surprise when after over 4 years I converted my AAH image over to an ESX image and it just worked - I'd always kept the same network topology at home, so once I'd freed up the relevant ports in my firewall I was even more shocked to find the £24 left on my Sipgate.co.uk account still active and I could immediately make and receive calls like before!

Since then, I've built a brand new (still virtualised) PIAF server and migrated all of my settings across, and they all worked a treat.

I absolutely love the fact that (a) I have a geographical telephone number that I give to recruitment agencies and the like and they never bother my wife at home, (b) I get emailed a copy of any voicemails to listen to on my BlackBerry (c) I can VPN into my home network and use a softphone, meaning no huge roaming bills when I travel abroad for work, (d) I can send and receive faxes and have multiple lines in and out for different people to have the numbers I choose and set the level of privacy I want.

(E) - it just works*

I adore PIAF and Asterisk and nowadays I could not operate my business without it. Simple.

* - I do have one slight irritating issue that I can't track down which is that I don't seem to be able to call other Sipgate numbers...I just get the dreaded all circuits are busy or your call could not be connected type messages, but since I rarely need to do this anyway I haven't invested any more time in trying to resolve it.

Oh and that leads me to another point - the open source voice community rock. The quality of help and the willingness to share it go above and beyond many of the subscription sites.

So all that's left for me to say now, is THANK YOU. Thank you for producing a wonderful piece(s) of software, and thank you to all for your help in keeping it so good.

andras

Reaction score
I was just reading through these success stories and thought I'd post one too.

I run a couple of small businesses, based in Seattle and Los Angeles, as well as acting as the CTO for a company that does large scale technology deployments overseas.

In the past I have run the small businesses (very small actually) off of my mobile phone, then off of GrandCentral / Google Voice numbers. When overseas I have used my mobile, a local mobile and Skype for calls. However none of those are very good solutions for a number of reasons, such as cost, internet filtering overseas and some technology challenges (I just managed to get a couple of people on IM - skype is still a dream).

Earlier this year, after spending months (and hundreds and hundreds of dollars on telecom) in Dubai, I started pushing the US companies again, and doing a lot of consulting that kept me on the road. I decided at some point that I needed to change my communications, not just for customers, but also for my family.

I have used AAH in the past, mostly to play with, and started out looking at Nerdvittles for the newest version. Finding PIAF was a treat, and I immediately installed it on an older Dell desktop running off my home Verizon FiOS connection. I grabbed a SIP trunk from voip.ms, with a few Seattle and LA based numbers and went to work.

With lots of reading up on the forums, plus a lot of experimentation, I now have the system that I was looking for. Using a couple of older Grandstream phones, plus a handful of 7960's (and a 7920G), plus Zoiper and X-Lite softphones, I have managed to do (almost) everything that I needed using nothing but gear that I already had.

Here's how everything is working:

Calls for the LA and Seattle businesses have their own IVR (this is one that I'm having minor issues with, but they work well enough for now).

Appropriate calls are forwarded right away to appropriate extensions, such as calls from my family which are forwarded to my extensions, including my mobile phone, without traversing the IVR system.

Outbound calls are routed out with the appropriate business CID, based on the line that is selected on the phone.

Voice mails are immediately sent to our email addresses so I don't have to dial in constantly to check them.

Faxes are transferred perfectly to a centralized email account.

With all of those features working and in use now, I've also setup and tested a portable PBX ready to take on my next upcoming overseas project. I had a couple of Mac mini systems laying around, one of which I have loaded with movies, and take with me when I'm on the road for a while so that I'm not trapped by the in room entertainment. I took another one and loaded it up with PIAF as well, setup a Hamachi VPN between the mini and the PBX, and created the appropriate routes, extensions and dial plans so that I can take the mini with me when I travel. Placing it in whatever office space we are in, along with phones, it gives my onsite team (all from the States) local numbers back in the US, an easy way and cheap way to make international calls, and a great way for their families to stay in contact without dealing with international calling. We'll still be using skype, international mobiles and the like, but overall this should be a great boon for all of us on the road. And with using the VPN to connect back to our PBX, we avoid most of the issues with countrywide firewalls that things like Skype phones run into (we tried all kinds of equipment in the past - it's been really enlightening seeing how those filter systems work). I'll make sure to update this after we've used the portable system overseas. As for right now its only been tested on the road in the US, and works flawlessly.

I've also started setting up similar PBX systems for some of my customers, with 3 deployed and 2 in progress.

Oh - there is one more benefit that I should mention. In addition to my wife being able to dial one number and reach me where ever I am, I used something that I'm working on for a customer deployment and setup a "Batphone" on my desk at home that my 5 year old daughters can use to call me whenever they want. They simply pick up the handset and hit any key, and boom - it dials me. And I setup a DID and inbound route that allows my mobile to call in and it immediately rings "their" phone. They love it, and so do I. When you're on the road there is nothing like a call from your kids to brighten your day.

Thanks for the great system. Loving every second of it.

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
PiaF in Education

I teach at SAIT Polytechnic in Calgary Alberta Canada. I've put together a VoIP lab using PiaF. Without PiaF, we would of been stuck in the dark ages.

Some of the highlights are:

1. VoIP course that simulates two companies in separate cities that eventually merge: Edmonton uses Cisco Call Manager Express and Calgary uses PiaF. The students start with Edmonton voice system based on Cisco, then build Calgary's voice system based on PiaF. Then they merge the two technologies using PiaF for voice mail, etc.. I have 8x Cisco CME stations setup and 8x PiaF servers plus all the routers and switches that you can shake a stick at!

NewLabTopology.jpg

2. PiaF allowed me to build an infrastructure that simulates the PSTN for the lab. I have one PiaF server with a T1 card connected to an Adtran channel bank with 16 FXO ports. I have another PiaF server with 8x T1 ports to simulate T1 connections from the PSTN. These are used in the scenario described in the previous VoIP course.

3. PiaF servers with single T1 ports provide VoIP front ends for our legacy DMS-100 with Supernode plus our Meridan Norstar PBX labs. With a simple low cost solution, we are able to utilize our existing legacy lab equipment and quickly bring it up to the latest standards. The integration of the equipment makes a great capstone project.

I'm in the middle of updating the class wiki at this time (Dec 14, 2009) so the material may be out of date when you read this. But it will be updated by Jan 2010. Here's the CMPN-313 wiki site (only SAIT cmpn-313 students are allowed to contribute):

Nate731

Reaction score
-New PIAF Asterisk 1.4 - 32bit install as of 1/5/10, Updated and "Fixed"
-Updated Zaptel to 1.4.12.1 for compatibility with the Astribank below
-FreePBX 2.5.2.2
-SuperMicro Atom 330 server 5015-H , 2gb RAM, Nifty little self-containted raid device I found that converts 2 2.5" lappy drives in RAID 1 in the form factor of a 3.5" drive. Auto-rebuilding, etc.
-Astribank 1004 (Generation 2 8FXS/8FXO)
-No VOIP trunks (yet)
-Running the newest Aastra Scripts
-Qty 16 - 55i's POE
Qty 1 - 57i with 560m Sidecar for Recep.
-D-Link 1228 28port POE switch.

Once I figured out that I had to install the newer generation realtek drivers, It was smooth sailing for the initial software install. A quick call to Xorcom to figure out that the Newest generation of Astribanks need either DAHDI or Zaptel 1.4.12.1. and the PSTN was attached. Going from an ANCIENT (the VM box had an ORIGINAL 850mb harddrive) Lucent Partner II setup. Easy install and stable. Now to add some SIP trunks and do some long distance routing.

The next step is to use 3102's to link 11 Retail locations to the main office, and have the main voice line and the VOIP line co-exist on the same phone.

Alex728

Guru
Reaction score
I keep forgetting to put mine up - but TBH its a fairly mundane tale of two Dell SC440s, Atcom line cards, OSLEC echo cancel (amazingly good for free, not one user complaint!), PAP2Ts and SPA942 telephone sets.

All low end stuff, none of the sexy things like Orgasmatrons and weather forecasts on the IP phone display, caller ID coming up on the telly etc.. but it all works solidly at two office sites.

but for me the real success story was this.

Just before the holiday period I got out a couple old Dell Dimensions which were obsolete for anything else - one is a P3 800 with 256MB RAM, the other a Celeron 1.8 (I think) with 640MB RAM. Made the smaller machine into a Debian Lenny box to experiment with Linux - "sandbox" for me trying to learn more tech and coding skills - used to code in the 80s/90s but have got rusty. The other Dell I tried Elastix on (when it was VOIP only) but it wasn't as versatile, then I borrowed a spare line card from work so I could connect up my analogue home line to it.

As I wanted OSLEC and Zaptel (not DAHDI) I loaded up PIAF on this, and even on this clunker of a PC everything worked fine - I did need to tune the IRQ and PCI latency a bit to get best audio quality on the line card but it was soon acceptable.

Using the info on here, had a IAX2 trunk soon connected to my other PABX's so when I work from home I've got my own extension on the linked numbering scheme, and all my home calls also come in to the phones here, as well as a few other DDI's.

This might seem like overkill for a single bloke at home, but the extra PABX gives me a valuable test resource.

Also, I'm of British Asian ancestry - in December my mum came to visit from Malaysia (her native country to which she recently returned), as well as my sister from Reading (a city in England just west of London).

Like most ladies they wanted to talk on the phone a fair bit to their friends and relatives.

My mum does a lot of church work in Malaysia, and wanted to talk to the Pastor about some stuff they were doing for the New Year as well as the relatives back home. She also runs this kindergarten there with the church and needed to sort out admin for the new school term.

Just a few years ago it used to be way expensive to call Malaysia from the UK, but with the VOIP trunks I was able to say "Mum - don't worry, you can use the phone as much as you want, its just a few pennies per minute to call Kuala Lumpur now!", and when my sister wanted to call people she could as well (although she also has loads of free calls on her mobile).

And of course now mum is back safely in Malaysia I can call her as often as I wish, and my Nan and other relatives too..

For me that is the biggest success story :cool:

Dale Fredrikson

Reaction score
Before I encountered piaf (It was aah then), I knew absolutely nothing about Asterisk. 4 years ago, I made the switch -- signed up with an online provider, canceled all our POTS lines (Well, we kept 1 for emergencies, but we never used it so ended up canceling that too), and started enjoying the bennies. Since then we've never looked back.

Before: Had a legacy proprietery digital PBX, which gradually fell apart.

Bumps along the way: At first, we experienced difficulties with reliability. We were using trixbox then, and the first provider we tried (les.net) really wasn't up to par. We had to reboot the system occasionally, and we experienced latency and dropouts and disconnections.

Then we moved over to Vitelity and graduated through several generations of software releases, and a coupld of hardware too, and things bog better.

Now we're running piaf v1.4 64-bit on a new Dell T105, and it's as stable and reliable as our POTS system ever was. (We were on a local telephon co-op that didn't have great service, so that may not be saying as much as it sounds like. but still...) And, of course, it's far cheaper and does tons more.

We run around 12 extensions in-house -- a combination of analog lines running on a TDM-400P, sip phones (mostly Grandstrea) & softphones on laptops, which connect either in-house or remotely through forwarded ports. And it just works.

Real costs: The software is free (Thanks, Ward & team), and the hardware costs but not that much. The real cost, if there is one, is the time I've had to invest learning how to do this. If I were to add up the hours I've spent researching, troubleshooting and panicking, I'm sure the result would be startling. But then, I'm an IT guy, and that's what we do. In the end, it pays off.

Thanks, guys.

Regards,

Dale

TheSpegmaster

Reaction score
Background

My story begins after joining a small church in Raleigh NC area in June 2009. The church is about 100 or so members with one full time pastor and a part time administrative assistant. The church had just broken ground on a new building and had created several committees to make decisions on various facets of the new project. My brother asked me to join the technology committee and take over the communications portion of the project. This included the data network and phones.

Research

The current phone system was just a single analog phone line with two desk phones and a fax machine hooked up to it. AT&T was providing a voice mail service. I knew early on that I wanted to go with VoIP solution, since I knew we could save a lot of money using an ITSP over traditional analog phone lines.

Being a network engineer by trade, I first looked at the big names like Cisco and Avaya, but I found it hard to stomach spending several thousand dollars for just a few phones not including the support contracts. I had heard of asterisk, so I started to research the different methods. I found trixbox, but it struck me as one of those projects that had forgotten its roots. When I found PBX in a Flash, I just about yelled "Eureka, I found it!". I liked the easy to update, all-in-one package and the support on the forums was superb.

Experimenting

I had an old Dell 2.0 GHz P4 with 1GB of RAM laying around, so I installed PBX in a Flash. I setup an account with Vitelity and used my laptop and desktop with X-lite to do my initial testing.

Selling the Solution

I presented my idea to the rest of the guys on the committee. A member of the church had recently donated an old Lucent system, and a few members of the group wanted to use that system since it was more "reliable". The Lucent system could only use analog POTS lines which would drastically increase our monthly costs ($58 per line adds up quick). They didn't like the idea of us supporting it, but I advised that our budget was "as little as possible" so PIAF was a good solution. I volunteered to purchase two phones and donate them to the church. We could then try this system out in the current church office for a few months before the building was complete.

Trial Run

The trial run in the church office went well even though the users will still primarily using their old voicemail system. I chose Aastra 9143i phones since they are a traditional form factor, and I liked the flexibility and features provided by the aastra xml scripts.

I moved on to purchase a Cisco 2651XM for QoS and a Netgear 726TP for POE support.

Building Install

The only snags we hit in the install were with the data wiring (don't use tool-less keystone jacks). After two Saturdays and a late Friday night, I was finally able to install our new PIAF server, a dual 2.4GHz dual core AMD opteron 1U rackmount server with a 1 TB raid 6 array. I know its overkill, but it was free. Five minutes after firing up the server I had a phone provisioned and was making phone calls.

The last few weeks have been spent getting my wife to record the IVR announcements and training everyone. Everyone has been amazed at the flexibility of the system. We can use it to have a single point of contact for our building on call person, and even to remote start our organ computer. See the link below.

http://homepage.mac.com/clintonk/iblog/B505170200/index.html

I cannot thank the PIAF team and everyone on these forums enough for helping me through this project. The cost of the whole project including 24 network drops, Wireless AP, 5 Aastra 9143i phones, router, and switches came to just over $1800. Your work will be put to good use to spread the word of the Lord in the Raleigh area.

Thanks,

Greg C

Sippy

Reaction score
PIAF Success

I have always played around with Asterisk since the At home days. Tried Trixbox, Asterisknow, Elastix, and early versions of onepbx, sipX, and many other build your own systems. They all break when you do an update.

As a Toshiba head I have always compared all of these systems to one of the most reliable phone system made. Toshiba is built for reliability. From gas protection on the card level, to a battery backup circuit, makes it a critical reliable system that no PC based system can approach.

The feature set with PIAF and the fact that it is the only distro that doesn't break when you update it allowed us to start using it in our office because we can do more with it now than the Toshiba system can do. Just being able to transfer a call back to my office from my cell phone was a deal closer application for us. It really is the applications stupid. I like dialling TIDE because I live on Mobile Bay. I like furnishing my two homes, my daughters home, sons home, and three offices all linked with the same phone system. No one in my family buys a bell line any more.

We are working on a box that approaches the same reliability with a battery backup. It is the future of communications for all small businesses now.

Thanks Ward and the gang for keeping the excitement in an otherwise boring industry.

unsichtbarre

Reaction score
Notes like that make it all worthwhile. Thanks!

:cheers2:
Thanks to you and everybody who has helped develop this whole project.

Just wanted to add my two bits. I have been using Asterisk in my small business for over two years with tremendous success! I started with Asterisk on Debian (Ubuntu) running on some surplus DL380 G3 servers. A little over six months later, I discovered http://www.nerdvittles.com and switched to the "Orgasmatron" running on VMware ESX.

I have not looked back. I am now running the Incredible PBX on ESXi 4.1 and have been in full-time production for a little more than 18 months. Aside from upgrades/maintenance, the system goes without reboot, sometimes months at a time and works perfectly!

Thanks--

Speedy2k

Reaction score
Here is a system i have just finished building from scratch for a new install into a retirement home.

This retirement home have about 80 rooms, i have use 4 PATTON 24 ports FXS Gateway. I have 1 Sangoma A101 for main lines and resident DID. 1 PSTN backup line into a PATTON 4 ports FXO Gateway. I have 2 Aastra 6757i for the administration and 8 Aastra 6731i for nursery and corridor. I have 2 Aastra RFP32 DECT-SIP Antenna and 2 Aastra DECT 142 cordless phone. I have 3 doorphone with Door Opening Controler. It is powered by a NETGATE switch and a NETGATE router with pfSense 2.0. As of now it is working just perfect thanx to the PIAF team they are awesome!! This community is just awesome!

Here is some pictures i would like to hear what you think of the setup!!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/Speedy2k/system_1.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/Speedy2k/system_2.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/Speedy2k/P4220130.jpg

Thanx for your comments!

kXa7LNn

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
403 errors. But cool all the same :smile5:

Here is a system i have just finished building from scratch for a new install into a retirement home.

This retirement home have about 80 rooms, i have use 4 PATTON 24 ports FXS Gateway. I have 1 Sangoma A101 for main lines and resident DID. 1 PSTN backup line into a PATTON 4 ports FXO Gateway. I have 2 Aastra 6757i for the administration and 8 Aastra 6731i for nursery and corridor. I have 2 Aastra RFP32 DECT-SIP Antenna and 2 Aastra DECT 142 cordless phone. I have 3 doorphone with Door Opening Controler. It is powered by a NETGATE switch and a NETGATE router with pfSense 2.0. As of now it is working just perfect thanx to the PIAF team they are awesome!! This community is just awesome!

Here is some pictures i would like to hear what you think of the setup!!

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/system_1.jpg?w=ea94a4bd
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/system_2.jpg?w=0abc39c3

Thanx for your comments!

kXa7LNn

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.