SOLVED "Special" Aastra 6737i problem

rchalk

Reaction score
I have purchased about 20 of what I thought were standard phones, but they seem to have custom boot ROM or firmware installed, which will not allow them to be configured for standard systems. They will not go into recovery mode with the normal keys 1 and # held during power-up, and when they finish booting up, the screen shows "Auto Install", "Enter Device ID"

Before I relegate these to the parts pile, can anyone enlighten me on restoring these to "standard"?

Thanks,

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
It'd be curious to setup an option 66 t*f*t*p server on a computer and see if they query for a config file. If so you might be able to load something to them somehow?

My guess is they're configured for RCS (The aastra deployment server). You may be able to contact Mitel and have the MAC addresses removed. . . . that's the only thing I can think of.

rchalk

Reaction score
You were correct about these phones being configured for the Mitel/Aastra PBX. I was able to get the password for these, and they are now configured as standard phones. Thanks for your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.