Sounds file language selection

Speedy2k

Reaction score
It would be nice to have the option when installing a new system or making an update-source to chose more language then only english, or just install them all, it is not long to download them all. It would be really nice for me!!

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
Language & Sound Codec Selection!!
Part of the problem with sound codec selection is that IIRC you have to have the G729 license for G729 to be installed.
ULaw, ALaw, GSM, etc. are already available for use out of the box. What other codecs are you looking for?

eCase

Reaction score
When installing a new piaf iso, it seems the default codec used for system recordings is gsm. I'm no expert, but GSM sounds like I'm speaking on a cell phone while in an underground parking garage. I've recompiled Asterisk to use uLaw for its system sounds, as well as the extensions to use uLaw and disallow all others, and the quality is great.
Just as there is a choice whether to install 32-bit or 64-bit, my wish is that there's another iso for uLaw... or if that's too much of a hassle, then maybe it could be an option during the installer process, such as when you select which version of Asterisk.

rossiv

Guru
Reaction score
another ISO is WAY to much of a hassle because Asterisk is really unrelated to the ISO. The Asterisk download is done after CentOS is installed on your computer.
Yes, an install option would be nice - but, it isn't really that hard to run menu config.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbradford
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.