SOLVED SOLVED: XIVO No Incoming GV calls

Ahron

Reaction score
I have successfully set up XIVO server on Vultr. I have done all the initial configurations as per the instructions. I set up 2 extensions being 701 and 702. I set up a Google Voice account as my trunk. Both extensions can successfully make outgoing calls and also call between extensions. No matter what I seem to try, XIVO does not receive any outside calls. Rather after time I get the Google subscriber voicemail message. I have even deleted and reconfigured the simonics trunk a second time – no joy.

In my fail2ban log I see that I am getting the following message, “NOTICE[1882] chan_sip.c: -- Registration for 'GV13473895936@GV13473895936' timed out, trying again”

In my messages log, I see the following messages,

[Jul 27 08:03:23] NOTICE[1882] chan_sip.c: -- Registration for 'GV13473895936@GV13473895936' timed out, trying again (Attempt #24)

[Jul 27 08:03:24] WARNING[1882] chan_sip.c: sip_xmit of 0x7fe88400c520 (len 414) to (null) returned -1: Invalid argument

Does anyone have some advice to offer?

Ahron

Reaction score
I am pretty sure that I have followed the instructions to the T. There were 2 settings that needed to be switched from I had previously had set. However, still no joy. No calls are coming in. The only thing I can think that I still need to set is the SIP Protocal Properties > Network tab > External IP address and Local Network settings. I assume that my External IP address is the same as the IP Address that I use when I log into XIVO via my web browser. What is the definition of my Local Network settings?

Any other ideas where my trouble could lie?

billsimon

Reaction score
Paste screenshots of your config, do some SIP debugs, and review the logs for errors. My clairvoyance isn't working today.

Ahron

Reaction score
I was thinking that maybe the issue described in the screenshot is what I need to fix.

What do I fill in for number 5 and 6?

Clipboard01.jpg

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Leave (6) local network setting blank. That seems to cause problems on some servers.

Ahron

Reaction score
I understand that by filling in #6 it could cause some issues. However, in my situation where I can seem to get incoming calls on my GV trunk, could this blank field be the reason why the calls don't arrive? If this could be the reason, how do I know what my "local network" is?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
@Ahron You did the following part of the tutorial, correct?? If it's Google Voice calls, I think you need to add an additional range for 12010000000 to 19999999999 since those calls always arrive with an 11-digit number for the DID.

Edit the from-extern (Incalls) context and click Incoming Calls tab then the + icon. Add a range of DID numbers for incoming calls that will be allowed. These are the phone numbers assigned to SIP and IAX trunks that were acquired through commercial providers such as Vitelity. Click Save once you’ve entered your settings.

Cjoh4nPW0AA5kyo.jpg

billsimon

Reaction score
Have you gotten registration working yet? First step to receiving incoming calls is being able to register to the gateway so that it has a way to send calls to you. Then work through the internal routing.

Ahron

Reaction score
Have you gotten registration working yet? First step to receiving incoming calls is being able to register to the gateway so that it has a way to send calls to you. Then work through the internal routing.

Please educate me. Given the fact that I am able to place outgoing calls successfully, isn't that indicative of the fact that I have registered successfully? If this is not the case, please explain to me how I can check if that I am indeed registered.

billsimon

Reaction score
Use the Asterisk console and do "sip show registry" to see.

Registration is for incoming calls. It is your PBX telling the provider how to reach you. This is totally separate from the PBX sending your username/password when placing outgoing calls. Registration can fail and you can still place outgoing calls. (Similarly, you could register fine but have wrong credentials for outgoing calls and then only incoming would work.)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I had previously completed that step.

Clipboard01.jpg
This wasn't the step I was referring to. Have you added the proper DID ranges to the from-extern context using 12010000000 to 19999999999??

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
And does "sip show registry" show that the GV trunk is registered??

Ahron

Reaction score
Use the Asterisk console and do "sip show registry" to see.

Registration is for incoming calls. It is your PBX telling the provider how to reach you. This is totally separate from the PBX sending your username/password when placing outgoing calls. Registration can fail and you can still place outgoing calls. (Similarly, you could register fine but have wrong credentials for outgoing calls and then only incoming would work.)

How / Where can I access the Asterisk console in XVIO?

billsimon

Reaction score
SSH to the server. As root, run "asterisk -r" and then you will be in the Asterisk console.

Ahron

Reaction score
I’m pretty much at my wits end. I have recreated all Users, Lines (701 & 702) and my GV Trunk in hopes of remedying the no incoming issue. But still no joy. I have checked my Asterisk Sip Registration and see that my GV SIP is registering. I am able to complete calls with audio from 701 to 702 and vice versa. I can make outgoing calls to both 10 and 11 digit numbers. I have checked Call Management > Incoming Calls. But at the end of the day, I am still not able to receive any incoming calls on the system and the calls go to GV voicemail. Any other ideas?

I appreciate all of the assistance that I have been getting!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leocipriano
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.