GO HERE Softphone Registration FAILS

Flash9999

Reaction score
hello world,

I'm not sure if this has been covered here before but I have a simple piaf setup im testing with the new ubuntu piaf package. Everything works as advertised until i try to register my softphone "media5" to my public ip forwarding udp port 5060 to my local piaf server; for some odd reason it says that the server is unreachable. I'm sure there is a simple fix to this can anyone point me in the right direction pls.

Flash
semper fi

billsimon

Reaction score
PIAF uses an OS-level firewall to restrict connections to the server. So your port forwarding may be set correctly but the PBX is subsequently blocking the incoming connections. The fix can be simple (disable iptables) to more complicated but more secure (search for "Travelin' Man").

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Actually, it's easier than that with the new Incredible PBX builds. Just run /root/add-ip or /root/add-fqdn to add the IP address or FQDN of the remote softphone. Or you can use PortKnocker to enable the IP address from any smartphone, tablet, or computer with the same IP address as your softphone. Or you can use TM4 to dial your server and key in the IP address to be whitelisted. All three options are covered in A Few Words about the Incredible PBX Security Model for Ubuntu. Whatever you decide to do, DON'T DISABLE IPTABLES!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.