R.I.P. Skype Connect Alternative for Free user 2016?

sukasem

Guru
Reaction score
Last time I tried, it need sound device for new skype version to work. You need new version because Skype not allow older version to connect. BTW that was a year or two ago.

I hosted my PBX in the cloud and can't find a way to get dummy sound to work so, I give up.

I have no back up of copy.com :(

sukasem

Guru
Reaction score
@sukasem
Yes I read about Skype 4.3+ Linux requires Pulseaudio and doesn't use OSS or ALSA audio.
The step by step for getting current versions of Skype 4.3+ to work with Pulseaudio is here:
http://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/skype-4-3-with-freeswitch-no-sound.15393/
This should work fine. There were no replies claiming it didn't work. @pilovis tested it working two times.

Hmm, I will give it a try again just for fun. I really don't need it anymore hint 2 years never used LOL

chris_c_

Reaction score
@sukasem Awesome. You're right skype has taken a hit in its #1 popularity spot ever since GV came back from hiatus lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbxnewguy
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.