SOLVED Sipgate.co.uk passing alpha characters in DID breaks XIVO

Oliver Gaskell

Reaction score
I have numerous sipgate.co.uk trunks that have worked perfectly well with PIAF using full DID e.g 12345678e0 for inbound routing but when moving to XIV) i can't add 12345678e0 in contexts as it only takes numeric characters so i can't route the incoming calls? Has anyone come across this or got a fix or should i dump the sipgate trunks (not a big problem expect one DID that we have had a long time and would need to port out)

Sylvain Boily

Reaction score
Can you add a bug report on your redmine? But it's not really a bug it's a feature, because we don't support this. This is the first time i saw a configuration for a did like this... But if you give us input and report bug on our tracker we could track it and fix it.

Sylvain Boily

Reaction score
A workaround is possible, you only need to create a context like fix-did and you add this extension on it.

[fix-did]
exten = 12345678e0,1,Goto(from-extern,1234567890,1)

And change your sip trunk context configuration to fix-did.

Oliver Gaskell

Reaction score
A workaround is possible, you only need to create a context like fix-did and you add this extension on it.

[fix-did]
exten = 12345678e0,1,Goto(from-extern,1234567890,1)

And change your sip trunk context configuration to fix-did.

Thanks Sylvain - that fixed it: Took me a while to figure out what you mean't.

ostridge

Guru
Reaction score
I think you will find that SG co.uk added the e0 to their sip-IDs sometime during their operations. The old sip-ID without the e0 also worked at thet time of change. Backward compatibility applies here - So simple way = try the base number without e0 (that is zero not Oh).

Last edited:

Oliver Gaskell

Reaction score
I think you will find that SG co.uk added the e0 to their sip-IDs sometime during their operations. The old sip-ID without the e0 also worked at thet time of change. Backward compatibility applies here - So simple way = try the base number without e0 .

Yes our increidble pbx/piaf box worked fine without the 'e0' but not on XIVO - anyway Sylvain's workround does the trick for anyone else stuck in the same boat..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.