SIP UA Account won't register - 403 forbidden...

solidpro

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Looking for anyone's tuppeneth worth on this...

I have a 4 channel SIP trunk provided by a UK ISP - it's a SIPUA account, rather than the type that autheticates by IP (can't remember the name).

Anyway - I built one of these and got it working 18 months ago but I don't have access to it right now and I can't work out why it won't register.

Here is my trunk information as it stands (changes by the minute!)
Code:
host=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (trunk provider)
secret=mypassword
context=from-sip-external
canreinvite=yes
insecure=yes
port=5060
nat=yes
type=peer
user=myusername
username=myusername
fromuser=myusername
fromdomain=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (trunk provider)
qualify=yes
register=username:secret:[email protected] (sip trunk provider)

Now what I do get (with qualify=yes) is the trunks monitored in SIP SHOW PEERS (status: ok (29ms)

But if I run a SIP DEBUG PEER XXXXX, and SIP RELOAD I get:

----- SIP Read from xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:5060 --------->
SIP/2.0 403 Forbidden
via SIP/2.0/UDP MY IP ADDRESS:5060;rport=5060;received=MY IP ADDRESS;branch=z4234234234s
To: <sip:SIPTRUNKPROVIDERSIP>;tag=234234234-23423423
From: "unknown" >sip:Unknown@MY IP ADDRESS>;tag=as324234234
and then some more stuff.

I think it's either NAT or the line about 'from: unknown'. I've been told by the SIP people that a 403 isn't even at authentication stage - there is something wrong with my asterisk setup - which I can't argue right now.

I'm sitting behind a 'reasonable' zyxel router with portmapping setup for 5060-5061 and 16xxxx-32xxxx to the asterisk box. The box is using NAT (it's combined network with normal computers on it). I can ping their SIP server....

Any ideas?

solidpro

Reaction score
Got it working. Was a mixture of the registration string, secure=very (different from yes, I've noticed!) and a few other bits and bobs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.