SOLVED Share Incredible FAX folder to Windows network

himala76

Reaction score
hello everyone

I need to share incoming fax (Incedible FAX) folder to the network and map to windows pc ( read and write permission )

can anybody give some ideas on this
Thanks
Himala

himala76

Reaction score
didn't found good and easy documentation yet for samba settings
also is this a correct location of the fax folder /var/spool/hylafax/recvq ?
thanks
himala

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
/var/www/html/avantfax/faxes for the PDF documents, I think. And they're grouped by sent/recvd then year, month, day, and phone number.

Read http://bestof.nerdvittles.com/tutorials/samba/ and follow the setup steps for a secure SAMBA implementation. Create a faxuser in both Linux AND Samba.

Then you'll need to add a section to the bottom of /etc/samba/smb.conf following the [piaf] example for the syntax.
Code:
[fax]
path = /var/www/html/avantfax/faxes/
guest ok = no
writable = yes
create mask = 0444
valid users = faxuser

Then restart SAMBA.

himala76

Reaction score
/var/www/html/avantfax/faxes for the PDF documents, I think. And they're grouped by sent/recvd then year, month, day, and phone number.

Read http://bestof.nerdvittles.com/tutorials/samba/ and follow the setup steps for a secure SAMBA implementation. Create a faxuser in both Linux AND Samba.

Then you'll need to add a section to the bottom of /etc/samba/smb.conf following the [piaf] example for the syntax.
Code:
[fax]
guest ok = no
writable = yes
create mask = 0444
valid users = faxuser

Then restart SAMBA.

Thanks Ward
setup and working

Thanks again
Himala

himala76

Reaction score
ok I think I spoke too soon..

I can get folder to share (/var/spool/hylafax/recvq need this folder because my program cant read pdf)
but files in the folder (tiff files) cant access no permission error comes .
can you help me on this
Thanks
Himala

himala76

Reaction score

Code:
[fax]
guest ok = no
writable = yes
create mask = 0444
valid users = faxuser

Then restart SAMBA.

ok I think I spoke too soon..

I can get folder to share (/var/spool/hylafax/recvq need this folder because my program cant read pdf)
but files in the folder (tiff files) cant access no permission error comes .
can you help me on this
Thanks
Himala

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.