TIPS Ringplus question - how to make phone an extension rather than trunk

phinphan

Reaction score
I would like my RP phone to be an extension rather than use it as a trunk. I can dial it with [email protected] but I would rather assign it an internal extension number and be able to dial internally both to and from the phone. I do not want to use a sip client over the internet. Is this possible? If so, it would be very similar to a vmobile device from vitelity. My system is as follows:
PIAF Installed Version = 2.0.6.4 under *XEN* on Rent PBX │
│ FreePBX Version = 2.11.0.43 │
│ 2.11 │
│ Running Asterisk Version = 11.5.1 │
│ Asterisk Source Version = 11.5.1 │
│ Dahdi Source Version = 2.7.0.1 │
│ Libpri Source Version = 1.4.14 │
│ IP Address = ***.****.***.*** on eth0 │
│ Operating System = CentOS release 6.4 (Final) │
│ Kernel Version = 2.6.32-358.6.2.el6.i686 - 32 Bit

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
You could make a SIP Custom Extension with the Dial string: SIP/[email protected]. But that would only let you call out to the RingPlus number by dialing that extension number. In order to receive incoming calls from your RingPlus number, you'd have to also set up a trunk and inbound route to process the incoming calls.

phinphan

Reaction score
thanks Ward. Great little burner phone and by getting to it that way it saves the cost of the call to the phone on the pbx end.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucky
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.