RESOLVED: PBXiaF 1.0->1.1 CDR bug

jehowe

Guru
Reaction score
After running the update script I found today that the CDR logs are no longer being updated. Initially I suspected it was related to certain cdr apps within /usr/src/asterisk-addons not being loaded (cdr_addon_mysql app possibly), so I downloaded and installed the latest addon package from digium (1.4.5). No luck. MySQL is running and everything else appears to be stellar.

Any ideas or suggestions?

[Update] My issue was updated related (not a password issue). Adding this line to modules.conf ensures the cdr app gets loaded: load => cdr_addon_mysql.so

clarocque

Reaction score
I am not sure when or how I broke my logs but I only have CDR logs for 11/21/07. I did not upgrade to 1.1 then or the log rotation (they were much later).

Anyone have any ideas??

root@pbx:/var/log/asterisk $ ls -al
total 34736
drwxrwxr-x 4 asterisk asterisk 4096 Dec 5 04:02 .
drwxr-xr-x 11 root root 4096 Dec 5 04:02 ..
drwxrwxr-x 2 asterisk asterisk 4096 Nov 21 17:37 cdr-csv
drwxrwxr-x 2 asterisk asterisk 4096 Nov 21 17:37 cdr-custom
-rw-rw-r-- 1 asterisk asterisk 0 Nov 21 17:38 event_log
-rw-rw-r-- 1 asterisk asterisk 0 Dec 4 14:46 freepbx-bounce_op.log
-rw-rw---- 1 asterisk asterisk 346366 Dec 5 16:52 full
-rw-rw-r-- 1 asterisk asterisk 35148248 Dec 5 04:02 full.1
-rw-rw-r-- 1 asterisk asterisk 1596 Dec 5 04:02 queue_log

Both cdr-csv and cdr-custom are empty :(

jehowe

Guru
Reaction score
I don't know what issue could be causing your problem clarocque, but mine was definitely update related. After reading a currently unresolved and months long thread of frustrated users with update related cdr issues over in the trixbox forum, I decided to start over with 1.1.

clarocque

Reaction score
Did that fix it for you?

I hope I do not have to do that....

jehowe

Guru
Reaction score
Yes, it's working great with the fresh install. I only had 1.0 up for about a week, and as smooth as these installs are, I really didn't mind starting over. I'll be careful with future updates though, and probably won't until I can confirm this issue is resolved.

I can't say my issue is related to yours, but for reference, here is the trixbox forum thread: http://www.trixbox.org/forums/trixbox-forums/help/cdr-report-list-stoped-logging-after-update

It's still unresolved over there, but at least one person has worked around the problem by moving the cdr to ODBC access.

clarocque

Reaction score
Well I am glad it worked for you.

I was not so lucky... A fresh install of 1.1 and the log is still not work...!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Make sure your hardware clock has the correct time before you begin the install or the Asterisk installation will fail.

clarocque

Reaction score
OK... I did another install and this time my log came back...

So then I went through step by step (of all my mods) until I found out how/why I was breaking the CDR.

When I was changing the passwords on the amportal.conf file for the AMPDBUSER I did notice there were two entries one at the top and one at the bottom of the script... using my great wisdom I figured that must have been an error so I removed the bottom one.

Well it doesn't look like it is error as after I added it back the CDRs worked again.

I am not sure if anyone else has removed them from below (probably not) but if you are having CDR issues you might want to make sure they are both there and are both set:

AMPDBUSER=asteriskuser
AMPDBPASS=xxxxxx

Chris

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
clarocque: You've once again made the point that I hope won't be lost on everyone else. LEAVE YOUR PASSWORDS ALONE and put your system behind a rock-solid, reliable hardware-based firewall. That firewall coupled with the built-in firewall in PBX in a Flash and you are safe.

If you're just hell-bent on modifying stuff, then write down everything you change so that you'll have the list when something comes unglued. Better yet, only change one thing a day and test, test, test before moving on. Sure beats a reinstall. ;)

jehowe

Guru
Reaction score
A strictly update related fix (not a password issue) is to add this line to the modules.conf: load => cdr_addon_mysql.so

I still don't know why an update can break the cdr app from loading normally, but this line ensures that it gets started.

clarocque

Reaction score
I here what you are saying Ward except like many others - I don't want to reed warnings every day telling me to change my password.

Yes reloading is a pain - but at least now I know where to look (what the cause was (in my case anyway)... and I was able to roll back a backup once I knew where the issue was.

Unfortunately I have put in a lot of time in to VoIP just to come to the conclusion that neither Comcast nor Verizon will probably not be able to support it for me(even with business accounts)...

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Odd you say comcast won't support it as I use it every day with no troubles. Now if you mean by support you can call comcast up and have them fix your voip problems the answer is no because they want you to buy their own stuff. As to blocking voip ports or de-prioritizing your own voip stuff they just don't do that yet. The only stuff they are doing is monkeying around with bit-torrent but there is an easy fix for that. I have both home and business version fo Comcast plus ATT dsl no problems at all with anything PIAF can put out.

Now if you are talking bandwidth usage for a call center nope you will need fiber or a Tsomething to do the job.

Tom

clarocque

Reaction score
FYI if you are having CDR issues make sure your password is correct in cdr_mysql.conf

clarocque

Reaction score
Odd you say comcast won't support it as I use it every day with no troubles. Now if you mean by support you can call comcast up and have them fix your voip problems the answer is no because they want you to buy their own stuff. As to blocking voip ports or de-prioritizing your own voip stuff they just don't do that yet. The only stuff they are doing is monkeying around with bit-torrent but there is an easy fix for that. I have both home and business version fo Comcast plus ATT dsl no problems at all with anything PIAF can put out.

Now if you are talking bandwidth usage for a call center nope you will need fiber or a Tsomething to do the job.

Tom
darmock...

My issues are with packet loss on both ISPs. Comcast is having regional issues and should be fixing in Jan.

Verizon on the other hand - there issu is on the backbone form my office to NJ. NO fix there.

Bob

Reaction score
No CDR and not administarion ... login

I verified that the cdr_addon module was loading, and I added the load line to modules.conf anyhow. I've been trying to troubleshoot a seemingly related problem where then main index page will not log me into administrator mode.

The other lines are in amportal.conf as described above.

I have never been able to log into the adminstration at the main page, and I have always circumvented it by going directly to /admin.

woot4fun

Reaction score
No CDR on a virgin PIAF Purple install (1.7.5.6.2). Asterisk 1.8.4, FreePBX 2.8.1.4

I have read through the chain and these are 3 year old comments but I guess the basics are correct.

I can confirm the default values for AMPDBUSER and AMPDBPASS are set in amportal.conf.

The cdr_addon_mysql.so is not loaded.

I updated modules.conf to include it, and it still doesn't load.

The asterisk logfile shows that the file doesn't seem to have been installed by the PBIF install process.

I have run a yum update, and it says "No Packages Marked for Update".

What should I try next?

Where can I get the file/package?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KABNET
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.