TRY THIS Remote phone access

comet48

Reaction score
I'm running the Ubuntu version of PBX 13-12 on an odroid xu4. Everything great. I'm having troubles with remote extension access. I've tried the aastra 57i without success, and now I'm working with the most basic device, the obi110. All good internally, but when I specify the wan side of the router, the obi fails to register. The obi error message specifies the correct wan and port addresses. The sip port, 5060 is forwarded to the pbx. Extension NAT set to yes.
Is the PBX security locking me out? If so, how do I get around it?
Thanks
Ron

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Run /root/add-ip with the IP address of your remote extension.

comet48

Reaction score
Thanks for the response Ward. By ip address do you mean the wan ip of the site housing the remote endpoint, or do you mean the local ip of the endpoint (192.168.1.xxx) ?

krzykat

Telecom Strategist
Reaction score
Thanks for the response Ward. By ip address do you mean the wan ip of the site housing the remote endpoint, or do you mean the local ip of the endpoint (192.168.1.xxx) ?

The public IP. The incredible now works with whitelists. So for the remote connection to be able to talk to the PBX, the PBX must add the remote connection's public IP to its IPtables so that it will allow it to communicate with it.

scott gloeb

Reaction score
Hey... I have the latest download for raspberry. I have everything working well. Except when I try to attach a remote extension, it wont work. I tried the /root/add-ip, but it tells me "Sorry. Account ipaddress.iptables already exists.". What am I doing wrong?

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
ipaddress should be an actual remote IP address, not the word ipaddress.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdauck
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.