TIPS Raspberry Pi 3 Install Clarification

mmastera

Reaction score
Please forgive if there is background here that I'm missing...I'm coming back from a 5 year hiatus of PIAF deployments and jumping right in with a Raspberry Pi 3 install...

Looking at this:

Installation Tutorial. Here’s everything need to know about installation and setup. “Automatic” means you just watch.

1. Download and unzip Incredible PBX image from SourceForge (with or without GV OAuth support)
  2. Transfer Incredible PBX image to microSD card
  3. Boot Raspberry Pi from new microSD card
  4. Login to RasPi console as pi:raspberry to initialize your server (Automatic)
  5. Reboot after writing down your server IP address (Automatic)
  6. Login via SSH as root:password to randomize passwords & configure firewall (Automatic)
  7. Optionally, install Incredible Fax: /root/incrediblefax13_raspi3.sh (Credentials: admin:password)
  8. Enjoy!
I'm at step 4 but stuck when raspi-config pops up. Do I need to make any selections there? It's throwing me when the above says "automatic" and "you just watch" yet it gets to raspi-config and sits there waiting for input.

Specifically, what I'm seeing is:

- Accept license
- SSH Key Gen
- Says "running raspi-config, resize image to match SD card", shows me an IP and press enter to continue
- When I press enter I get to raspi-config...

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

jerrm

Guru
Reaction score
Only if you want to expand the file system to fill the SD card.

I would recommend NOT expanding the file system until more or less configured and then make an image backup of the smaller partition to fall back to.

It makes life soooooooooo much easier having an ssh enabled image to use as a baseline.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abuhyder
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.