Question on g729 codecs and channels

jakev383

Reaction score
I've been evaluating the g729 codec for a couple weeks now and am pleased with it. I'd like to purchase a block of licenses. My question is, how many channels did the script install? It's worked for me so far so I'm guessing that I'm not exceeding this number yet, but want to plan this appropriately.

Also does anyone have good links on where to obtain MOH and prompts in g729 format to cut down on transcoding?
Thanks.

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Also does anyone have good links on where to obtain MOH and prompts in g729 format to cut down on transcoding?

cd /usr/src/asterisk
make menuselect
make install

You need as many licenses as you are likely to have concurrent calls, unless you have phones with g729, then you can use passthrough

Joe

Boolah

Guru
Reaction score
cd /usr/src/asterisk
make menuselect
make install

Joe - Doesn't this install the MOH files in /var/lib/asterisk/moh, but FreePBX (musiconhold_additional.conf) looks for MOH files in /var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3 Would the newly installed MOH files actaully be used?

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
Hi

I'd have to recheck this for MOH, but it will certainly put the prompts in the right place.

If this is the case, it would not be hard to copy them across.

Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.