NO JOY Problem with Aastra 6739i phones and older PBX

rchalk

Reaction score
I have a system running Asterisk 1.4.41, and FreePBX 2.9.0.15, using Aastra 6757i phones, and it has been working perfectly for three years. Recently, I have tried to use a few 6739i phones, with less success. The phones connect to the server, configure themselves normally, and appear to be registered correctly. However, calls to these phones do not always ring, and the server goes directly to the "phone is in use" message.

In one location, the phone never rings, and the voicemail lights do not light when a message is waiting. In a second location, it seems to work for a while, but then stops, and a restart of the phone returns it to normal.

At home, the phone rings normally, and the voicemail lights work fine. However, (using device-and-user mode) When I change extensions, and then try to return to the default extension, the phone does not update right away. I am not able to tell just how long it takes, but when I come back to the phone, it is back to the default.

I have tried two different routers, an Asus and a Cisco, with no difference in the result. Anyone have any thoughts? Do I need to install an older firmware on the phones?

Thanks for any suggestions...

rchalk

Reaction score
rolling back to 3.2 seems to have fixed this. Thanks

rchalk

Reaction score
Well, it seems that the problem is not completely resolved. Now the phones occasionally log themselves off the server, and remain in a mode showing the device number, and requesting a login. However, login does not work, and the only fix is to restart the phones.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.