TIPS Polycom IP501 Anonymous Sip Calls

gatorphan

Reaction score
Hello:

I have an old Polycom IP501 and I get anonymous sip calls ALL DAY LONG. I can't determine if Travelin Man will fix it because it seems to only happen to this phone. (I have yealinks as well)

The calls always show sip:(fake extension)@(myipaddress) e.g. sip:[email protected]

I've tried to edit the config file with old tutorials floating out there on the internet but I can't figure it out.

Questions:
1. Will travelin man fix these port scans? (is that what is happening to me?)
2. Are there any bandaid fixes for this?

Again, I know I need travelin man but I can't afford for my server admin to install it right now and I'm unsure if that's the fix.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm not a command line guy. I just kind of know my way around the GUI for freepbx.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

rjaiswal

Reaction score
Sounds like you have Allow Anonymous SIP connections turned on... I would try to turn that off first. You can find the settings in Asterisk SIP Settings.
Screen Shot 2016-02-03 at 3.38.51 PM.png

gatorphan

Reaction score
Thanks but I've had that setting turned off for a long time. Doesn't have any effect on this Polycom for whatever reason. Any other ideas?

wa4zlw

Reaction score
make sure anonymous sip is disabled in the phone itself as well
leon

Jose Casares

Reaction score
I am a newbie and I am trying to connect 1 Polycom IP501, 1 Polycom IP650, 1 Polycom IP330 and a Cisco SPA303. The sPA 303 works great. The Polycoms won't connect. Is there a tutorial for Polycoms?

I am using PIAF: 3.0.6.7
FreePBX Ver: 2.11.0.43
Asterisk Ver: 11.16.0
Thanks in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.