QUESTION Polycom 6000 intermittantly unreachable - offline

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
I have a troubling issue I'm wondering if someone has any ideas on or has seen before:

First -

PIAF 3.0.6.6
FPBX 2.11.0.43
Asterisk 11.16.0
CentOS 6.6

More detail:

We have three polycom 6000 phones in meeting rooms which periodically go unreachable and can't make or receive calls.

They are all on the local subnet to the PBX connected via PoE on Cisco Catalyst switches (and the phones don't power off or anything)

No other phones other than these polycoms (ie some VVX400's we have are fine) have this problem. All our Yealink's are fine.

Stock firmware : 3.3.2.0413

*seems* to correlate with long periods of unuse (ie if no one uses them for a couple days they die), but not exclusively. They never go offline during a call.

Rebooting fixes the issue.

We have tried different cables, different switches and switch ports, replacing the phone, setup a keepalive NAT setting on the phone (though they are not NAT'd, just to see what it would do). This appears to have helped a little actually, it's not happening quite as often, though we're still gathering more data on how often. We have tried many versions of the Polycom firmware as well.

Was wondering if anyone here has ever seen this behaviour before. I am currently leaning towards an obscure polycom - asterisk version interaction problem because I don't see this reported anywhere.

rjaiswal

Reaction score
just a quick question... Have you tried a different manufacturer's conference phone? like Konftel? Never had a problem with them and asterisk. And they sound really good.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Yep, they're all fine except Polycom, but not quite as good as polycom in larger rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.