pick up detection

edounn

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

So, i've been playing around with teleyapper for my dr office. Teleyapper works great! I set it up where someone can press 0 and it gets routed to the nurses, I've got Alison providing a custom message to everyone (name, appointment time etc.) I'm only using one call group, because i need each and every call to be specific. So I've made a nice excel sheet, where it is populating the appointment times and the dates of the appointments for each different client, and I'm importing them to the teleyapper database. It's working very well. I'm exctied about having more time for the nurses to actually help nurse! However, for the time being i've got two things I would love help on.

-My message is playing before anyone picks up. I can see if play the intro, start playing my message before I pick up the phone. by time i get the first ring on my cell phone, it's a ways into my message. I'm sure this is just a setting i'm missing. I've looked around with my friend google, and haven't found anything. Only settings for calls i've found are teleyapper.php, but thats other settings.

-The other problem is probably just a simple one. On the msg line in the database, I've change the table from 250 characters as it was when I installed to to 1000 characters. Now when I put in my message it all shows up. However, Alison seems to still stop before the end of the message in the database.

Well, thanks everyone. Once i'm big into toys like this, and hope that i'll be here helping others soons as well! :)

-edounn

jroper

Guru
Reaction score
hi

My message is playing before anyone picks up.

This would suggest a false answer somewhere. How are you delivering the calls?

What may be happening is that the carrier is answering the call, which sets off the message, because your system believes that the call has been answered - it believes correctly, just not by the person you expected to answer.

Watch the asterisk CLI as a call goes out to say your cellphone, and look for a line that says answered, if you have not answered your cell, we can confirm that this is the problem.

Joe

dghundt

Guru
Reaction score
You are probably using a pots line and set the silence detection in backgrounddetect to under 4000 ms which is the time between rings in the USA. Zap channels are considered answered once asterisk passes the call to the zap trunk. Increase your silence detection to 4250 ms.

edounn

Reaction score
I am using Pots lines. 4 of them. When watching what asterisk does:
(trying to make it simple)
Answer
wait
Macro
restetcdr
noCDR
gotoif
gotoif
hangup
playback (the yapintro)
wait
gotoIF
:banghead:**Swift** (the phone rings here and I get a part of this message depending when I pick up, not just on my cell, but also my testing landlines)

I changed backgrounddetect silence to 4250 (it was around 1sec i) as recommended. it helped, but still was already playing the text to speach.

extensions_custom is:

[broadcast]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Wait(2)
exten => s,3,Playback(custom/nv-yapintro)
exten => s,4,Wait(2)
exten => s,5,GotoIf($["foo${MSG}" = "foo"]?s,6:s,8)
exten => s,6,BackgroundDetect(custom/testing11 |4250|50|3000)
exten => s,6,Playback(custom/testing11)
exten => s,7,Goto(talk,1)
exten => s,8,Swift("${MSG}")
exten => s,9,Goto(talk,1)
exten => t,1,Goto(talk,1)
exten => i,1,Goto(talk,1)
exten => o,1,Goto(talk,1)
exten => h,1,NoOp(Callee hung up call before menu. Dialed: ${DIAL} ID: ${ID}.)
exten => h,2,Set(STATUS='EarlyHangup'|g)
exten => h,3,DeadAGI(teleyapper2.php|${ID}|${STATUS}|${DIAL})
exten => h,4,Hangup
exten => talk,1,Goto(broadcast2,s,1)
exten => 0,1,Goto(custom3,0,1)

Do you think I should change s,3 to = BackgroundDetect(custom/nv-yapintro |4250|50|3000) instead of playback?
Since really this is the step that should be waiting for a pick up. Cause, that makes since to me. But, this is pretty much default code, and i'm not sure if the teleyapper.php or macos having something to do with this.

Thanks again guys. Sorry about my newbie-ism

-Ed

edounn

Reaction score
Okay.. actually I just thought of something. Because, I'm always using message (alison text to speach) instead of a teleyapper recording. It's possible that it's making it bypass the backgroundetect(sound file , time frame) because, I'm using text to speech instead.

So, is it possible to do to set the background dectect to send to the line text to speech? Like..
backgrounddecct(goto s,8,) probably not right sytax...
where it will then play Swift("${MSG}')

It seems no matter what number I put in for the backgrounddetect, it's always in the process of the text to speech aplication.

Thanks for your help.

dghundt

Guru
Reaction score
make sure your backgrounddetect sound file is long enough. If it is done playing, I think you fall through the dial plan. Audacity is good for creating long audio files.

You could put background detect for the intro, but if the audio file completes, it will fall through.

You'll need to play with the dialplan logic. Pstn lines are harder to get working.

edounn

Reaction score
make sure your backgrounddetect sound file is long enough. If it is done playing, I think you fall through the dial plan. Audacity is good for creating long audio files.

You could put background detect for the intro, but if the audio file completes, it will fall through.

You'll need to play with the dialplan logic. Pstn lines are harder to get working.

The only problem is. I'm using the cepstral, and trying to make it where the text to speech starts, when the person picks up the phone. i'm not having any fall throughts. I pick and and Allison is already mid sentence.

dghundt

Guru
Reaction score
you have two lines called
s,6

make sure test11 is a long audio file.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellabos
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.