piaf + virtualbox with Emachine E627

gzpxyj

Reaction score
piaf in virtualbox with Emachine E627

For the last weekend, I tried to build the latest and greatest piaf using an Emachine E627. At first I tried to install it directly and it failed due to the network card was not automatically recognized. I have no idea why the system does not recognize the network card. Next I tried to use the original window 7 as the host and put virtualbox there so I can put piaf into the guest system. To my surprise, it worked! I did have some network issues but figured out. First the ip address of the piaf. I have to use the bridged connection so the piaf in the guest system can have the same ip address system as my rest of the local lan. For wireless connection, I also need to use the bridged connection with a different card template. After that, it was great! The call quality is good. There is no difference between my dedicated piaf server and my Emachine piaf in virtualbox.
The virtualbox is really good concerning the easiness of configuring it. Also the virtualbox can be portable too by installing into the usb drive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.