SOLVED PIAF-Green Unavailable

Stephen Ingram

Reaction score
I just installed PIAF-2.0.6.4.3 CentOS 6.4. If I run piafdl I see options to install various versions, however, the Brown, Green and Yellow PIAF versions are marked Unavailable. I've seen howto's on nerdvittles explaining the install process for each, but as they are always unavailable, I can't install them. I've read about direct downloads for Green, but they are for virtual machine installs. I'm just trying to install on a regular server. Is there another download site to obtain these installs?

GregKeys

Guru
Reaction score
Verify that the box has a good Internet connection. Post the specs of the box, especially the Ethernet card.

GregKeys

Guru
Reaction score
If the Ethernet is built into the motherboard, post the MB info, brand, model, etc

jmcman

Guru
Reaction score
You can type ifconfig at the command line to help determine the link status

Stephen Ingram

Reaction score
Dell Inc. PowerEdge R320/0R5KP9, Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1410 0 @ 2.80GHz, 4GB RAM
Ethernet card:
eth0: Tigon3 [partno(BCM95720) rev 5720000] (PCI Express) MAC address 90:b1:1c:42:10:1a
tg3 eth0: attached PHY is 5720C (10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet)

ifconfig reports card as em1 and connected to the Internet. In fact, I am logging in remotely to this box so I know that the connection works. Also Red PIAF *is* available, but I'm looking to install Green. Is it possible that the download site for that package is down? I've run into issues with eth0 vs em1 before. Could that be causing the problem? Firewall is turned on, but standard config from the fresh CentOS install from PiAF iso.

jmcman

Guru
Reaction score
Dell Inc. PowerEdge R320/0R5KP9, Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1410 0 @ 2.80GHz, 4GB RAM
Ethernet card:
eth0: Tigon3 [partno(BCM95720) rev 5720000] (PCI Express) MAC address 90:b1:1c:42:10:1a
tg3 eth0: attached PHY is 5720C (10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet)

ifconfig reports card as em1 and connected to the Internet. In fact, I am logging in remotely to this box so I know that the connection works. Also Red PIAF *is* available, but I'm looking to install Green. Is it possible that the download site for that package is down? I've run into issues with eth0 vs em1 before. Could that be causing the problem? Firewall is turned on, but standard config from the fresh CentOS install from PiAF iso.
Could be... If you can ping out and you're remote into the machine as is, I'd probably wait a bit and try it again. It could be a temporary net issue between you and the download server.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe it has anything to do with em1/eth0 for that.

Stephen Ingram

Reaction score
I've been trying to download for several days now without success. Each time I run piafdl, those three show up as unavailable. Is there a chance that the download server for those editions is down period? I've also tried piafdl -c, -d and -e to see if that makes a difference, but it doesn't.

PBX@Home

Reaction score
I've been trying to download for several days now without success. Each time I run piafdl, those three show up as unavailable. Is there a chance that the download server for those editions is down period? I've also tried piafdl -c, -d and -e to see if that makes a difference, but it doesn't.

I believe the payload scripts look for eth0 and if yours is em1 it will fail. I'm currently looking for the fix for you as I have seen some threads on it in the past.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
works over here checked from the US/Canada/Germany

piafdl.jpg

Also just did an install of green on one of the PIAF Lab machines with no problems has to be your hardware/software/dns/internet/the way you are holding your tongue. Tested on real and virtual hardware present in the various countries.

Tom

Stephen Ingram

Reaction score
Tom- My screen looks like this, but I notice that your release says 052613 where mine is 033013. This is what came with the latest CentOS 6.4-2.0.6.4.3. Do I need to update this somehow?

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Not yet as I am in the midst of testing this prior to the release of 20644 however there have been no function changes to the software. I also retested the SVN version that matches the one you are using with the same results. I suspect that you can't reach the PIAF.ORG site. Beyond that sorry.

Tom

Bob Helbush

Reaction score
As a test, disable the on board NIC and install an Intel or other popular card. Bet it will work.

Stephen Ingram

Reaction score
Not yet as I am in the midst of testing this prior to the release of 20644 however there have been no function changes to the software. I also retested the SVN version that matches the one you are using with the same results. I suspect that you can't reach the PIAF.ORG site. Beyond that sorry.
Tom

I'm not getting an answer for piaf.org domain (not just on that machine, but from anywhere I try). Is that where the download comes from?

Brian Simmons

Reaction score
I'm not getting an answer for piaf.org domain (not just on that machine, but from anywhere I try). Is that where the download comes from?

I tried pinging piaf.org without success, but I was successful in pinging www.piaf.org. Not sure if that is of any help, but I thought I would post it. Good luck.

jmcman

Guru
Reaction score
Maybe try a fresh re-download and re-burn of the image?

Stephen Ingram

Reaction score
Yes, I did not have correct access to that IP. Now that I have access, everything is green! Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikko
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.