SOLVED PIAF and 3CX Interface

npereira

Reaction score
Hi All,

Im just about to install PIAF on CentOS7 in my lab. I also have a 3CX server which we use as our main platform of choice.

My question is currently, in production, we interface old asterisk 1.6 versions from remote sites, to our Main 3CX production server. The issue I am having is with caller ID which is why im setting this up in a lab to test.

Can someone tell me if they have this working and if CallerID is being sent on inbound or outbound calls?

If someone has this setup, can you tell me what did you setup asterisk as on the 3CX side? A SIP trunk, a Bridge, a Gateway or SIP Provider?

Thanks !

Nelson

npereira

Reaction score
Change of plans, I installed Centos6.7 with Incredible PBX 13-12.2

With some help from 3CX (normaly they dont provide help integrating Asterisk to them.... so I'm lucky)... Here is what needs to be done on both 3CX and Asterisk side for trunking to work and Caller ID as well:

Hi, everything is working now, thank you. Just for my own notes (and yours if need be) in the ticket system, here is what needs to be setup on both side:

Client side PBX: (in our case, it's Asterisk 13 with Incredible PBX 13-12.2CENTOS6)

Trunk setup:
Trunk name :
3CX

Peer details:

host=[ip of 3cx]
username=[number for 3CX master bridge ID]
fromuser=[number for 3CX master bridge ID]
secret=[password for 3CX master bridge ID]
sendrpid=yes ; needed for CallerID to be sent to 3CX
type=peer
qualify=yes

Register String:

[bridgeID]:[bridge_password]@[3cx_ip]:5060/[bridgeID]
;example: 10000:[email protected]:5060/10000

On the 3CX: (3CX bridge must be set as MASTER)
Make sure to set the bridge option: "Caller ID to send in "From Display Name" field = "Caller Name" or else Caller Name/Number does not work correctly.

Hope this helps someone else, as this took me 4 days in my LAB to set this up and get it working properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.