TRY THIS PIAF 3 install stuck with black screen

howardsl2

Guru
Reaction score
PBX in a Flash 3 install using the official guide at:
http://pbxinaflash.com/community/pages/voip-quick-start-guide/

After reboot, and selecting PIAF on the "Select a program to install" screen, the installer hangs with "black screen" for a very long time. Checking the running processes with "ps aux" reveals that this command is stuck:

Code:
wget http://192.210.137.132/common/mirrors.dl

Can you please look into this @wardmundy? Thank you!

Bob Puff

Reaction score
Hmm, still have the same issue. Is it possible that I downloaded the wrong installer? I would not think this would still be affecting every install!

Last edited:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Hmm, still have the same issue. Is it possible that I downloaded the wrong installer? I would not think this would still be affecting every install!
PIAF 3 installer hasn't been updated in 2 years. So, yes, it will affect every PIAF install.

Bob Puff

Reaction score
Ok, glad at least I have the correct file! Well, sounds like it might be time to update the installer! :) A dead installer puts a kink in widespread adoption! :)

Bob

hecatae

resident hecatae
Reaction score
I had the same problem. Based on this post: http://pbxinaflash.com/community/threads/cannot-install-piaf-3-1-0-server-offline.19260/ , here is what I did:

I found the pid of the hanging wget and then ran kill and killed it. The installation carried on as normal from that point.

Thank you that works

Code:
                                                                     ┌────────────────────────SYSTEM INFORMATION───────────────────────────┐
                                                                     │  Asterisk   = ONLINE  | Dahdi     = ONLINE  | MySQL     = ONLINE    │
                                                                     │  SSH        = ONLINE  | Apache    = ONLINE  | Iptables  = ONLINE    │
                                                                     │  Fail2ban   = ONLINE  | Internet  = ONLINE  | Ip6Tables = ONLINE    │
                                                                     │  Disk Free  = ADEQUATE| Mem Free  = ADEQUATE| NTPD      = ONLINE    │
                                                                     │  SendMail   = ONLINE  | Samba     = OFFLINE | Webmin    = ONLINE    │
                                                                     │  Ethernet0  = ONLINE  | Ethernet1 = N/A     | Wlan0     = N/A       │
                                                                     │                                                                     │
                                                                     │  PIAF Installed Version   = 3.0.6.8 under *VMWARE*                  │
                                                                     │  FreePBX Version          = 2.9.0.15                                │
                                                                     │  Running Asterisk Version = 11.6-cert9                              │
                                                                     │  Asterisk Source Version  = 11.6-cert9                              │
                                                                     │  Dahdi Source Version     = 2.10.0.1                                │
                                                                     │  Libpri Source Version    = 1.4.15                                  │
                                                                     │  IP Address               = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx on eth0                 │
                                                                     │  Operating System         = Scientific Linux release 6.8 ><         │
                                                                     │  Kernel Version           = 2.6.32-642.3.1.el6.i686 - 32 Bit        │
                                                                     │                                                                     │
                                                                     └─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frapu
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.