PiaF 1.3 RC1 is Ready

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
PBX in a Flash 1.3-beta is almost ready with CentOS 5.2 and your choice of 32-bit Asterisk 1.4 or 1.6-beta. For those that need 64-bits, you'll need to install PBX in a Flash 1.2 and use update-source to get to CentOS 5.2 for now.

If you'd like to test out the new ISO, drop me a note. And I'll send you a link as soon as it's soup.

NOTE: Yum won't work anymore unless there is a minimum of 512 mb ram and at least 256mb swap space... We strongly recommend a minimum RAM of 1GB to avoid problems. For example, VMware has problems running yum with any setting of less than 1GB of RAM.

centos_icon_60.png
centos_logo_45.png

TheShniz

Guru
Reaction score
Aside from the update GUI and CentOS, could you mention any other expected changes for 1.3?

Much appreciated :)

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The major plus will be support for newer hardware and motherboards. CentOS 5.2 update details are available here. Unlike the other aggregations, we keep everything else pretty much current all of the time with update-fixes and update-source so... we're all a bit spoiled. :coolgleamA:

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Beta 2 is now available

Just a heads up that beta 2 of PBX in a Flash 1.3 is now available. We still could use a few more guinea pigs. If you're interested, send me a note.

warmbowski

Reaction score
My System updated it's self to 1.3

I recently installed Piaf 1.2 64 bit version. After the initial install I did the update-scripts, update-fixes and ended up with 1.3. with the new dynamic interface and all. If 1.3 is beta software, why did my system update to it without notice?

(not complaining - I like it alot) especially the Status script.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
The new web interface is on all new installs. If you updated from centos 5.1 to centos 5.2 and ran update-fixes, update-source, and update-fixes you are essentially running 1.3.

The only beta part of the system is Centos 5.2 everything else is the same. Of course you get Centos 5.2 when you run update-source which now includes yum update. For those who don't want to upgrade to CentOS 5.2 don't run yum update either at the command line or from within the update-source.

My advice is if your system is working and stable never ever run yum update from the command line or run update-source unless there is a real need such as a security advisory for asterisk. Even then you need to take any advisory with a grain of caution and weigh the risks and benefits.

There is also a problem at the moment with the 64bit install and amportal restart causing a core dump. The solution is to recompile asterisk and all is well. I am pushing out a patched update-fixes that will address this problem later today. This only affects the 64 bit versions. I need some people who have the 64 bit version installed on real hardware (not vmware) to see if they can duplicate this under both Centos 5.1 and 5.2...

Hope this explains things

Tom

jwells

Reaction score
Ward I filled that out a week or so ago and never heard back. I can give it a whirl if I can get a copy

Jim

TomS

Guru
Reaction score
code for no dhcp

Darmock,
I sent a shell script to Ward yesterday that may be used between the CentOS load and the PiaF setup where there is no DHCP.
Hope it helps!
Thanks
TomS

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Ward is away on vacation still so I am sure it will catch up. With the mod to the first screen you see allowing you to exit the download of the pbx load files you will be able to run anything you want. We have been working on several alternatives that will allow you to install various drivers or software prior to starting the install process. Something like your script could be added once I have a look at it.

Thanks for contributing..... It is nice to see others actually writing and submitting solutions instead of complaining about things not being as they want. You can always PM it to me if you like as I seem to be the one at the moment in charge of adding new stuff.

Tom

richie

Reaction score
There is also a problem at the moment with the 64bit install and amportal restart causing a core dump. The solution is to recompile asterisk and all is well. I am pushing out a patched update-fixes that will address this problem later today. This only affects the 64 bit versions. I need some people who have the 64 bit version installed on real hardware (not vmware) to see if they can duplicate this under both Centos 5.1 and 5.2...
Tom

I'm on a 64-bit version and I think that I can duplicate the problem. Here's what I get:

STOPPING ASTERISK
/usr/sbin/safe_asterisk: line 117: 28257 Segmentation fault (core dumped) nice -n $PRIORITY ${ASTSBINDIR}/asterisk -f ${CLIARGS} ${ASTARGS} >&/dev/${TTY} </dev/${TTY}
Asterisk ended with exit status 139
Asterisk exited on signal 11.
cat: /var/run/asterisk.pid: No such file or directory
Automatically restarting Asterisk.
Asterisk Stopped

STOPPING FOP SERVER
FOP Server Stopped
root@pbx:~ $ mpg123: no process killed
Asterisk ended with exit status 1
Asterisk died with code 1.
mpg123: no process killed
Asterisk died with code 1.
mpg123: no process killed

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Thanks as I suspected. If you do a update-scripts and then update-fixes (in that order) you should see an extra warning sign in update-fixes. Update-fixes will then ask you about recompiling asterisk. Choose yes and once it finishes I recommend you reboot. Then try amportal restart.... everything should be fine.....hopefully.... works over here at least.

Thanks for your response.....

Tom

Alex728

Guru
Reaction score
The new web interface is on all new installs.

if I were to download the latest version today (just piaf1.2) and then just update-scripts and update-fixes, will I get the new or old interface? Just curious (it would be nice to have the new web interface but I can wait for centos 5.2)..

jmullinix

Guru
Reaction score
I did an install today and one yesterday. They both have the new interface. I ran update-scripts and update-fixes after each install.

richie

Reaction score
Thanks as I suspected. If you do a update-scripts and then update-fixes (in that order) you should see an extra warning sign in update-fixes. Update-fixes will then ask you about recompiling asterisk. Choose yes and once it finishes I recommend you reboot. Then try amportal restart.... everything should be fine.....hopefully.... works over here at least.

I still seem to get the same problem. I ran update-scripts, update-fixes, allowed it to recompile asterisk and then rebooted.

The first time after I rebooted, I was able to amportal stop without a core dump. I then did amportal start and then amportal stop again and received the following:

/usr/sbin/safe_asterisk: line 117: 3124 Segmentation fault (core dumped) nice -n $PRIORITY ${ASTSBINDIR}/asterisk -f ${CLIARGS} ${ASTARGS} >&/dev/${TTY} </dev/${TTY}
Asterisk ended with exit status 139
Asterisk exited on signal 11.
Asterisk Stopped

Reaction score
Stuff to consider for inclusion.

libjs.so.1 for Lummenvox
Java for iSymphony
and specifically
js-1.60-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm

for the magic button...

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
PBX in a Flash 1.3 RC1

For those participating in the beta, 32-bit and 64-bit versions of RC1 are now available in the usual places. If anyone else would like to participate, just send me a note.

alauppe

Reaction score
1.3 already?

So - we've been using PBX in a Flash as the basis for our customer-hosted PBX systems for 6 months or so now. I was installing it on a customer machine today and was completely surprised to have the new GUI (and a whole new set of branding challenges) pop up when installing from the old 1.2 CD. (I know - it all gets downloaded during the install... but still.)

Will there be an official announcement of this new 'release'? I can't find it anywhere on the website, and this is the only note I've found on the forum (though I haven't dug extensively.)

Can we get some branding documentation?

Also, as a side note - can someone post the original welcome/pt.gif ? I overwrote it my mistake while trying to figure out branding.

Thanks! Looks good by the way!

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
The reason that was pushed out was the old menu had a serious security flaw in it. We pushed out a patch in update-fixes but the real solution is to install the new menu. Since we deliver our pbx's via a downloadable file whatever you install is generally the latest and greatest. The only reason it was changed was the security problem.

Tom

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diazgza
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.