TIPS Overhead tie in?

Alex Hackney

Reaction score
I'm looking for a way to tie an all call or all page in to our overhead speakers.

Currently we dial 800 on our cisco phones and it will open all the phones in the building. I believe that is using multicast for the phones and may not acutally touch the pbx server. We also have an 801 to do it but I think that does goes through the server. Maybe using 801 would activate a device that could interupt the over head, but I need that device.

Any suggestions?

Asher

Reaction score
Are you looking for one-way paging? There are 2 ways to achieve this. A paging group, that basically dials every extenion and auto-answer. Does not work well with more than about 20 extensions. The other way, if your phones support it is multicast.
How are the overhead speakers connected> are they SIP devices or speakers wired to an analog amp? Cyberdata makes a device that will interface to an analog amp and can do either a SIP extension and/or multicast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
serhii
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.