Outbound route with extension

deano

Reaction score
Hi All,

Not sure where to post this or who to notify of this bug. Here goes.

I have purple installed.

PBX in a Flash Version = 1.7.5.6 Running on *HARDWARE* FreePBX Version = 2.8.1.4
Running Asterisk Version = 1.8.5.0
Asterisk Source Version = 1.8.5.0
Dahdi Source Version = 2.4.1.2+2.4.1
Libpri Source Version = 1.4.12
Operating System = CentOS release 5.6 (Final)
Kernel Version = 2.6.18-238.9.1.el5 - 32 Bit
Sangoma B600D with 3.5.20 software

The problem: I need to create an outbound route for my fax machine. It's on an extension (FXS port) and I need to route it out my PSTN.

So, I created an outbound route, put it at the top of the list and configured the callerID matching the extension. I have 2 routes that use the same dial pattern. It keeps taking the second route and bypassing this route. Strange

When I check the asterisk -rvvvv it shows that there is no callerID for the extension and picks the wrong route. I am thinking there is a bug. But is it in freePBX or asterisk?

Last question, is it OK to upgrade to 2.9 freePBX yet? everyone happy with stability and functionality?

Thanks for the help!

kenn10

Reaction score
As to the issue with the caller-id and the route, check to be sure that you have set the route to a higher priority than the other outbound route.

For FreePBX 2.9, I have run it since Beta version and had no issues with either the upgrade or day-to-day operations. Very few bug fixes are rolling out, so I'd consider it quite stable at this point.

deano

Reaction score
anyone know what the right number of VVVVV in asterisk -r is so that I can capture what it's reporting?

what I see is the callerID <>""

so I assume this is nil!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
baata
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.