QUESTION OSS auto-provisioning

Dave L

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Hoping someone might have experience with setting up auto-provisioning within OSS Endpoint Manager for a Yealink SIP-T29G phone. It is not included within OSS or on provisioneer and I have been trying to piece my own package together but it's not "quite working" the way I'd expect it to. The yealink documentation claims I can acquire y000000000046.cfg and ($mac).cfg from their website but I can't for the life of me seem to find it. I saw that this phone model is supported in the commercial module (which I foolishly purchased before realizing it wasn't compatible with PIAF =( ) -- I'm considering installing the freepbx distro on a test box just so I can acquire the files but am not entirely sure where to go from there.

I was also able to find this github repository for fusionpbx (?) but am not sure how trustworthy the configs are and thought I should reach out first to see if anyone else has been able to get the T29G's to work with auto-provisioning. Any help would be greatly appreciated =)

Dave L

Reaction score
wow..... I feel a little foolish now. Not sure how I missed it originally, but now see the autoprovisioning template listed on their site at http://support.yealink.com/attachme..._SIP_Phones_AutoProvisioning_Template_V80.zip

Using this, is it really as simple as renaming common.cfg to y00....0000046.cfg and placing it in the t*f*t*p root (already up and running) for global settings, and copies of MAC.cfg renamed to the actual mac address.cfg for individual over-rides? If so I may just simply scrap the endpoint manager altogether and just modify the entries by hand.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
Yes, there's no reason that shouldn't work.

Dave L

Reaction score
Thanks atsak for clarifying! I think I'll create a quick php script to auto-populate the individual mac config files via the users database table and go from there. Really appreciate the quick responses in this community =)

Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.