TUTORIAL Original Asterisk Upgrade Script

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
Best bet...

CX4WVzPW8AApPoS.jpg
So just start over with new install? How about a way to rollback the freepbx version back to 2.9? With having it on 2.10. I realize configuring might not go good. But leaving it as is, should it operate correctly? I would pay someone to get this system rolled back to 2.9 if someone could help out.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-04-08-24-28-1.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-04-08-24-28-1.png
    129.8 KB · Views: 9

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
I think you're probably stuck where you are. FreePBX never had a rollback option unless you have a good backup that you could restore. Cut-and-paste sounds worse than it actually is. I've moved numerous servers from 1.4 to 13 in just a couple of hours. Good luck!

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
I think you're probably stuck where you are. FreePBX never had a rollback option unless you have a good backup that you could restore. Cut-and-paste sounds worse than it actually is. I've moved numerous servers from 1.4 to 13 in just a couple of hours. Good luck!
OK thanks for the reply. I have weekly backups setup in backup/restore. Would a restore in FreePBX put it back do you think to the FreePBX version at the time of backup? Everything is still working in terms of call handling. I just cannot configure or make adjustments using 2.10 at this time, so I don't want to give it a try until I get back and it's after hours.

I will definitely start the cut and paste process, just hate having to reconfigure the aastra scripts. With regards to that. Say I rebuilt a PiaF Silver as I once had, restored from a backup; do you happen to know of that will restore all of the aastra scripts settings in asterisk?

Thanks Ward!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
The Aastra scripts are all housed in a web directory on your current server. Should be easy to move them over to a new server.

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
The Aastra scripts are all housed in a web directory on your current server. Should be easy to move them over to a new server.
Thanks Ward, I'll take on the task next weekend. Do you think the aastra scripts will work with the latest asterisk build? Or should I just copy and paste onto 1.8 build? Thanks!

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
1.8 was the last time code was really changed, I think. Good luck!

kmcdaniel

Reaction score
All went well with the copy and paste Ward. So spot on to just take that route rather than try to back track and fix. Not to mention great opportunity to move over to the cloud. Thanks for the advice. Just to note, I gave it a try with PiaF Green since that's the last flavor I found notes on, where I got the scripts to work. So I went with Asterisk 11.16.0 and all scripts are working as usual.

JRoque

Reaction score
Sorry for the post resurrection but just wanted to thank Ward for his 11 upgrade script on post #42. It took my 11.0.1, very old and very Green Asterisk to 11.22 in a very short few minutes. Hands-off and appliance pushing operation deal, just about as much as I can handle :) THANKS!

markd89

Reaction score
I'm running:
PBX in a Flash Purple (Rent PBX)
FreePBX 2.9.0.15
Asterisk 1.8.13
Incredible PBX 3.09

Things seem to be running fine. How should I decide whether to update? Is there an "easy" way to do so?

Thanks,
Mark

dw5304

Reaction score
trying to upgrade my relase from version 11.16.0 but seems the upgrade script no longer works? is their an archive of the old version 11 script to move to 13?

Last edited:

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
There's never been a good way to move between versions. You could upgrade within a version (ie from 11.16 to 11.25) but not from 11 to 13. It might work, but it might not, using the manual method outlined in the first page.

dw5304

Reaction score
the manual method outlined on the first page currently only support 13 and higher based on the checks on the .sh script.

atsak

Guru
Reaction score
the manual method outlined on the first page currently only support 13 and higher based on the checks on the .sh script.

Post # 4.

Substitute 1.8 with 2.11 or the appropriate nomenclature for the version you're trying to upgrade.

Have recently (ie 2 months ago) run it this way, worked fine. Take a full image backup first. One time Asterisk wouldn't compile for some reason or other that I tried it.

Marc Lange

Reaction score
To celebrate yesterday's release of Asterisk 13.6, we are pleased to provide an updated, all-purpose upgrade script for Asterisk 11 and 13. It includes support for automatic upgrading of Asterisk 13 servers on which you already have applied the Google Voice OAUTH patch.

WARNING: Your server must already be running PIAF-Green or Incredible PBX 11 or 13 with some version of Asterisk 11 or 13.

Code:
cd /root
wget http://incrediblepbx.com/upgrade-asterisk-to-current.tar.gz
tar zxvf upgrade-asterisk-to-current.tar.gz
rm -f upgrade-asterisk-to-current.tar.gz
./upgrade-asterisk-to-current

The last line of the code must be changed a little (for us dummies) to:
./upgrade-asterisk13-to-current-rhel OR
./upgrade-asterisk13-to-current-ubuntu

Marc Lange

Reaction score
The last line of the code must be changed a little (for us dummies) to:
./upgrade-asterisk13-to-current-rhel OR
./upgrade-asterisk13-to-current-ubuntu

Also, I seem to get a broken FAX module.
In Incredible PBX GUI --? Applications --> Extensions under the section FAX, I get the following error displayed in red:
"ERROR: No FAX modules detected!
Fax-related dialplan will NOT be generated.
This module requires Fax for Asterisk (res_fax_digium.so) or spandsp based app_fax (res_fax_spandsp.so) to function."

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Incredible PBX uses Incredible Fax with HylaFax/AvantFax which is a different fax system than the FreePBX native fax module.

Marc Lange

Reaction score
Incredible PBX uses Incredible Fax with HylaFax/AvantFax which is a different fax system than the FreePBX native fax module.

Oh I see. I thought the Fax section of an extension was also linked to Incredible FAX (HylaFax/AvantFax), but they are in fact separate systems. HylaFax/AvantFax is only accessed via AvantFax menu...if I understand correctly...and is currently up and running after the upgrade script.

mardosas

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the script is not working for centos7-incrediblePBX13-13. Are there any plans to extend it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.