TIPS Nortel IP 1535 $27.95

rjm

Guru
Reaction score
FYI - I just was accepted on a bid for 3@ $31 each

TheMole

Guru
Reaction score
Interestingg...They allowed my $40 bid for 6 expire--maybe because I bid on friday night and it expired sunday night. They were probably off for the weekend.

Linetux

Guru
Reaction score
They accepted mine in a matter of minutes... I hardly had time to get into my account to see the status before it was accepted.

phinphan

Reaction score
In for 7 at $250.00 total delivered. Hope they work great. They accepted my offer of $32 within a few minutes.

power1000

Reaction score
So is everyone sure they'll work? Just curious. I think I'll pick up some if we're "reasonable" sure they'll work.

Linetux

Guru
Reaction score
Just got my 4 today.... much to my wife's dismay, I'm playing with my first one now.

MrBostn

Guru
Reaction score
Hopefully the waf of these rank high

Just got my 4 today.... much to my wife's dismay, I'm playing with my first one now.

Either way, I'm eagerly awaiting the results....

Good luck.

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Early Results they are from turkey. Once you get the menus set to english you can get in password is 1234 for admin

trying to get it to connect via wifi now....

Tom

darmock

PIAF Developer
Reaction score
Well it does connect just fine via SIP to asterisk. Still having problems getting the wireless to work however. Voicemail doesn't allow for a * to be added just numerics Will try to get the other one set up to see how video works... Great single line phone especially if I can make it talk to my router wirelessly.

Browser also works sort of.. huge display no way to shrink it. Remind me of early days of cell phone

Tom

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
The box arrived in the office this afternoon, and it was like Christmas... (we are all telecom engineers).

- Getting the menu to English was fun! We have a Greek guy here and that helped (a bit).
- Registration and audio calls with Asterisk works fine. Still working on voice mail.
- We set up a bunch of accounts on sip2sip.info, and had great video calls, including a 3-way video conference.

Next steps are to setup video passthrough in Asterisk, then try in Freeswitch.

Gerry

Linetux

Guru
Reaction score
Have you been able to update the firmware? I've been reading the manual and I have the directory structure created, I grabbed the files Ward so kindly supplied, but I can't figure out the structure of this blasted FirmwareUpdateRequest.acfg file. I realize where it needs to go and what it's supposed to do, but I can't figure out WHAT is supposed to be IN that file!

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Full Setup Instructions...

OK, Here's the full setup folks... It comes setup for Turkish...
I'm showing how to set up for SIP2SIP.Info so you can play video right away... Starting asterisk playing now.

The MENU button is the left soft button. GO BACK is the the right.

1. Scroll to AYARLAR meni (shows animated toolbox) Press TAMAAN (left top soft button) to select.
2. Choose "Telefon ayarlari "
3. Choose Dil secenekleri
4. Choose Ingilizce

Give it a few seconds and you'll be up in English...

Now, If you want to play video, and you don't have a pbx, sign up for a couple of sip addresses on SIP2SIP.info. It's free, and video calling works great. Now I'll tell you how to set up your phone for SIP2SIP.Info...

Prelim phone setup:

1. Choose Settings Icon
2. Scroll and select System Settings
3. Select Admin
4. Select Login
5. press 1234 and press OK soft button. You will be logged in.
6. Select Date and Time and set your date and time
7. Set your Date and Time Format
8. Go to Network Time and set the values you want
9. Go back to System Settings, then select VOIP settings.
10. Select User Information
11. Select Username/Number
12. Enter your SIP2SIP user name. this is 22XXXX a very long number before the @sign. In asterisk, this is your extension number. (Numeric input only)
13. Select Display Name
14 Enter your display name. This is alphanumeric. It uses multi-touch for text entry.
14. Select Authentication Name.
15 Enter Authentication Name. For SIP2SP and asterisk, again this is your user name before the @, or your extension.
THIS FIELD IS ALPHANUMERIC.
16. Select Authentication Password.
17. Enter Authentication Password. For some reason, this is a numeric field only !! So, make your SIP2SIP password numeric.
18. Press the BACK button and select Proxy
19. Select Proxy Address
20. This is a numeric only field. for SIP2SIP.info, the proxy address for proxy.sipthor.net is 81.23.228.129. For asterisk, enter the IP of you asterisk server.
21. Select MISC.
22. Select Domain Name
23. Enter sipsip.info for an account there, or the IP/DNS of your asterisk server.
24. Select BACK
25. Select STUN
26. Select Enable
27. Select STUN Server
28. Enter the IP of your favorite stun server. If you dont know one, use 75.101.138.128 (stun.xten.net)
29. Select BACK
30. Select Registration
25. Select Registration.

If all is good, you'll see a registration successful message.

If on SIP2SIP or asterisk, just dial an extension or user id.

PM me if you want to try a call. Send me your URI or SIP2SIP user id.

Good luck!

mtennant

Guru
Reaction score
Just got off a test call with w1ve. Great stuff. Works very nicely! Thanks for everything.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Agreed. Great video quality! East to use phone. Thanks mtennant!

mtennant

Guru
Reaction score
Got to see Uncle Ward this morning. The tinkerers are up early today.

wardmundy

Nerd Uno
Reaction score
Works flawlessly with the directions above. You can add SIP URIs in your phonebook for easy access to your Asterisk boxes. Tom's wrestling with the firmware. The trick seems to be FTP instead of t*f*t*p. Once we get the latest firmware loaded, support for all types of encrypted WiFi should be available. DM me your sip2sip number if you want to try yours out. :wink5:

:auto::auto::auto::auto::auto:

mtennant

Guru
Reaction score
I got one of my phones to register with my access point with WPA, but the other one won't. LAN is fine, but no wireless. Any suggestions?

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Did you change the network profile to WiFi? I did that and it found my access point immediately. I also found out that configuring the phone without LAN connected caused me grief (I presume something is always trying to get a DHCP address, then failing, then retrying, etc. So I'd suggest connecting to LAN before trying Wifi.

By the way, we have 4 of these connected at my office, just plugged into the LAN and on SIP2SIP accounts... No NATing issues, even though behind a Cisco gateway... W'ere 100Mbps to the net, so no problems there. We tried to do a video conference, which the phone supports, but cant figure out the key sequence...

Gerry

mtennant

Guru
Reaction score
I'm resetting the phone to defaults and rebooting with a LAN cable attached. Will get setup using that first and then do the switch to the WiFi profile. I hope you are right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.