TIPS Nortel IP 1535 $27.95

randy7376

Defnyddiwr Gweithredol
Reaction score
Can you telnet into the phone? If so, see if there's an FTP client or server available.

I have ftp, ftpd, and ftpget in /sbin on a 0.2.76 firmware phone. Unfortunately, I don't have a 0.2.89 to play with.

Maybe you can accomplish the same thing, in reverse. :)

philtrick

Reaction score
I bought 10 of these phones a while back for $48 each. Nice phones.

BTW - After Telnetting into the phones, I noticed that there were some bluetooth scripts on the phones...

ANy chance that these phones actually have bluetooth hardware? (my guess is no). However, if they do, t'would be REALLY nice to be able to pair a BlueTooth headset to them!

The other thing I'd love to be able to see would be streaming video from websites, specifically through the web browser, and the ability to view remote cameras.

It is likely that the bluetooth scripts are there as a hangover from the development of the hardware.

However, if the prototypes for these phones were built on the gumstix, then the bluetooth was connected to one of the serial ports, and could not do audio reliably.

Mind you, this makes more of a case for getting 10 of them!!

warraich

Reaction score
It is likely that the bluetooth scripts are there as a hangover from the development of the hardware.

However, if the prototypes for these phones were built on the gumstix, then the bluetooth was connected to one of the serial ports, and could not do audio reliably.

Mind you, this makes more of a case for getting 10 of them!!

Looks like the bluetooth is available in LG LVP-2800
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]LVP-2800 [/FONT]
Overview

The LVP-2800 is combo video phone giving high speed video conference service available on the PSTN and IP network without an additional accessory. With two options, operators can provide their customers with optimised applications and services upon market requirements Feature

lvp2800.JPG
- LCD Size : 3.5”
- Video Telephony Protocol : SIP
- Codec : G.711, G.723, G.729A, AMR-NB, H.263/264
- Camera : VGA CMOS digital, 64K
- CLIP / CLIR / OSD / Screen Saver
- Phonebook (250개) / Ring Melody / Pre-Dialing
- PIP / Snapshot / Privacy mode
- SMS / E-Mail / MMS (T9) / HTML Browser
- Multi-language
- Remote Software Upgrade
Interface
-SIM Card reader slot
-Bluetooth port
-WiFi : 802.11b/g, 802.11e
-RJ-45 / RJ-11 / V.92 Modem (PPP)

philtrick

Reaction score
Well spotted.

Looks like the bluetooth is available in LG LVP-2800
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]LVP-2800 [/FONT]
Overview

The LVP-2800 is combo video phone giving high speed video conference service available on the PSTN and IP network without an additional accessory. With two options, operators can provide their customers with optimised applications and services upon market requirements Feature

lvp2800.JPG
- LCD Size : 3.5”
- Video Telephony Protocol : SIP
- Codec : G.711, G.723, G.729A, AMR-NB, H.263/264
- Camera : VGA CMOS digital, 64K
- CLIP / CLIR / OSD / Screen Saver
- Phonebook (250개) / Ring Melody / Pre-Dialing
- PIP / Snapshot / Privacy mode
- SMS / E-Mail / MMS (T9) / HTML Browser
- Multi-language
- Remote Software Upgrade
Interface
-SIM Card reader slot
-Bluetooth port
-WiFi : 802.11b/g, 802.11e
-RJ-45 / RJ-11 / V.92 Modem (PPP)

Well spotted!

I had another look at the main PCB, and on the bottom edge there are some components that need to be populated and it looks like it could be the bluetooth circuitry:
http://trickett.eu/nortel-main-bt.jpg

I circled it in blue for clarity.

Phil

luka

Reaction score
THANK YOU Works perfect!!!!
[/quote]
[MENU] >
SERVICES>
VIDEO SUPERVISION >
PIN > 0000 if have changed your the enter your pin.>
OK
ENABLE >
OK >YES
SELECT USER/NUMBER> NUMBER= enter the Extension number you will call from .> OK
USER ID = just enter the same extension as above. OK.
You are done.

Now you just call the phone you just configured from the extension you entered as user after 3 rings (phone will not ring) you will be connected.
If you place voice call you will just get voice. If you place Video call you will get video and audio.

Note! For example if your phone at ext.1 is one for SUPERVISION from ext. 2 so when ever you will call ext 1 from ext 2 your phone at ext 1 will not ring.

Also your ext 2 does not have to be IP 1535 it could be any phone xlite or even your cell phone.

I hope it will be helpful to some one.[/quote]

daniel..

Reaction score
Can anybody check if you can see a videostream (or even a fixed image from a videostream) from a website?

It would be great to be able to see our outdoor IP camera (which is not video sip capable) from the phones!

Sorry, not possible. Though both are RTP, the codecs used are completely different, and the setup for the video in the phone is SIP.... It's just not going to work at all.

Of course, if you have a web page with FIXED images, the web browser in the phone will work fine to display them. Just ensure the web page is pure html + images, as the phone browser does not support Java or anything else.

As I reported in a previous post, the web browser works with Google, especially if you use the simpler mobile page, google.com/m.

-Gerry
Fore everyone's info: the images from our Mobotix Camera (M10, which is not H263/H264 capable) appear fine. It works great to see who is at the door!

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Code:
cd /tmp
wget http://www.the159.com/pbxiaf/busybox_v2
chmod 777 busybox_v2
./busybox_v2
./busybox_v2 t*f*t*p -g -r filename.txt 192.168.1.5

So for anyone wondering I have re-complied busybox for my Nortel IP 1535 with httpd (web server + cgi) support and with t*f*t*p client support.

I'm already able to pull files from my t*f*t*p server and place them on the phone.

Code:
# ./busybox_v2 t*f*t*p -g -r 000000000000.cfg 192.168.1.5
Using fallback suid method
# ls
dhcpcd-eth0.pid    vdcisock           ifconfig.tmp       0
dhcpcd-eth0.cache  TUP.vrg            busybox            filename.txt
dhcpcd-eth0.info   arping.info        st                 000000000000.cfg
tempmessage        ipaddr.info        busybox_v2
#

As I have done before the complied binary is online, just follow the above steps. Or download from here: http://www.the159.com/pbxiaf/busybox_v2

If there is anything someone would like me to compile please let me know.

One thing I have not done is that I have not 'officially' installed busybox on my machine, thats why I run it like ./busybox and not just busybox, however it does the same things.

This could be helpful if I can figure out how to include this with the firmware upgrade so it could be quick and easy for anyone to setup.

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
How about OpenVPN 2.1.3? I can get 2.0.9 to compile, but not 2.1.3. Haven't run it yet - we'll see...

I followed this link to compile OpenSSL. http://www.crosscompile.org/static/pages/OpenSSL.html

Dave

I will look into that.

One glaring issue is that you have to cross-compile against the open source kernel for the phone, which is rather old (2.4) so it's hard to use new versions of GCC and GLIB. Therefore newer programs are almost incompatible with this phone.

Also another limitation is that the phone's flash is pretty much in a read-only state. I can't write anywhere except /tmp and the config dir for the phone itself so far because every where else is 'out of sufficient space'. In /tmp I only have 118mb of free space, though it doesn't look like the phone resets the /tmp drive on reboot.

ojthecat

Reaction score
I was able to put a link on the phone to my travelin man url and it does work like a champ just click the link in the phones browser and then register with the asterisk box.

Connecting over 3g works ok but on my clear 4g connection it is like being there.

tm1000

Schmoozecom INC/FreePBX
Reaction score
Well maybe we should come up with a way to make custom firmware, that has travlin man (which already works above) OpenVPN, t*f*t*p & http web configuration pre-configured....

Then it's a simple matter of just uploading the custom firmware to these phones and people will be ready to go.

w1ve

Guru
Reaction score
Code:
cd /tmp
wget http://www.the159.com/pbxiaf/busybox_v2
chmod 777 busybox_v2
./busybox_v2
./busybox_v2 t*f*t*p -g -r filename.txt 192.168.1.5

So for anyone wondering I have re-complied busybox for my Nortel IP 1535 with httpd (web server + cgi) support and with t*f*t*p client support.

I'm already able to pull files from my t*f*t*p server and place them on the phone.

Code:
# ./busybox_v2 t*f*t*p -g -r 000000000000.cfg 192.168.1.5
Using fallback suid method
# ls
dhcpcd-eth0.pid    vdcisock           ifconfig.tmp       0
dhcpcd-eth0.cache  TUP.vrg            busybox            filename.txt
dhcpcd-eth0.info   arping.info        st                 000000000000.cfg
tempmessage        ipaddr.info        busybox_v2
#

As I have done before the complied binary is online, just follow the above steps. Or download from here: http://www.the159.com/pbxiaf/busybox_v2

If there is anything someone would like me to compile please let me know.

One thing I have not done is that I have not 'officially' installed busybox on my machine, thats why I run it like ./busybox and not just busybox, however it does the same things.

This could be helpful if I can figure out how to include this with the firmware upgrade so it could be quick and easy for anyone to setup.

How about Dropbear or some other SSH Server?
:smile5:

Sacrilego

Reaction score
Any way to mount and use the SD slot?

I will look into that.

One glaring issue is that you have to cross-compile against the open source kernel for the phone, which is rather old (2.4) so it's hard to use new versions of GCC and GLIB. Therefore newer programs are almost incompatible with this phone.

Also another limitation is that the phone's flash is pretty much in a read-only state. I can't write anywhere except /tmp and the config dir for the phone itself so far because every where else is 'out of sufficient space'. In /tmp I only have 118mb of free space, though it doesn't look like the phone resets the /tmp drive on reboot.

JeepJay

Reaction score
Video voicemail

I hadn't seen any other posts about this, so I hope this isn't something that everyone else already knew... but has anyone else left video voicemails? I had no idea that if you make a video call and leave a voicemail, asterisk will record a video voicemail. All you need to do to view it is make video call when you check your voicemail. Very cool.

rxcomm

Guru
Reaction score
Stumped...

Hey guys - looks like I could use some help with this...

I uploaded my openvpn 2.0.9 binary to the phone. Didn't run - illegal instruction. So I thought I would compile busybox and see if I could get that to run similarly to tm1000.
Code:
# busybox_rxcomm
illegal instruction
But tm1000's binary runs fine on my phone. So I wondered what the differences were.
Code:
% file busybox_tm1000
busybox_v2: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1, dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.0.0, stripped
and for mine:
Code:
% file busybox_rxcomm
busybox: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, ARM, version 1, statically linked, for GNU/Linux 2.0.0, stripped
Hmmm... mine's linked statically and tm1000's is dynamic. Looking for other differences:
Code:
% readelf -h busybox_tm1000
ELF Header:
  Magic:   7f 45 4c 46 01 01 01 61 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 
  Class:                             ELF32
  Data:                              2's complement, little endian
  Version:                           1 (current)
  OS/ABI:                            ARM
  ABI Version:                       0
  Type:                              EXEC (Executable file)
  Machine:                           ARM
  Version:                           0x1
  Entry point address:               0xbc94
  Start of program headers:          52 (bytes into file)
  Start of section headers:          364776 (bytes into file)
  Flags:                             0x2, has entry point, GNU EABI
  Size of this header:               52 (bytes)
  Size of program headers:           32 (bytes)
  Number of program headers:         6
  Size of section headers:           40 (bytes)
  Number of section headers:         23
  Section header string table index: 22
and for mine:
Code:
% readelf -h busybox_rxcomm
ELF Header:
  Magic:   7f 45 4c 46 01 01 01 61 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 
  Class:                             ELF32
  Data:                              2's complement, little endian
  Version:                           1 (current)
  OS/ABI:                            ARM
  ABI Version:                       0
  Type:                              EXEC (Executable file)
  Machine:                           ARM
  Version:                           0x1
  Entry point address:               0x80e0
  Start of program headers:          52 (bytes into file)
  Start of section headers:          829488 (bytes into file)
  Flags:                             0x2, has entry point, GNU EABI
  Size of this header:               52 (bytes)
  Size of program headers:           32 (bytes)
  Number of program headers:         3
  Size of section headers:           40 (bytes)
  Number of section headers:         15
  Section header string table index: 14
My development environment here is an i686 karmic (32bit) ubuntu box. To put together the toolchain, I followed the same procedure linked above by tm1000, using the same versions for everything. I compiled binutils-2.11.2, gcc-2.95.3 and glibc-2.2.4 with gcc-3.4 (wouldn't compile with gcc-4.x). Kernel headers were from the lgvp2890_kernel_src.20071016.tgz tarball. I did have to patch glibc per this link: http://trac.cross-lfs.org/browser/s...?rev=7f65c0eb42e6e83d80f5eb3c21ac610a17a3adbd.

I also tried using LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/arm-linux/lib" and CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/arm-linux/include". I got exactly the same binary with or without these flags.

I'm stumped. Any thoughts on why mine won't run?

Dave

vanDivX

Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know of any way to do a factory reset if we happen to hose something? A "Press and hold these two buttons while powering up to go into recovery mode" or something like that? I would love to really tinker with these things, but I don't want to brick anything.

Closest I came is this post from Nortel forums?

http://community.nortel.com/go/thread/4388?tstart=0
-----------------------------
Set an IP Phone back to factory default

I gather from reading through the forum that to reset an IP phone back to factory default you use
[*]
[*][7][3][6][3][9][MAC][#][#]. However when i try this on an 1120e phone using firmware version 0624C6R nothing happens. After inputting the above command, do you need to do anything or should the phone reset itself after you input the last #?

Thanks
-----------------------------

the factory reset directions are correct accept that an extra # is meeded at the end for 1120 phones. It has work so far on 10 phones.

------------------------------

However I don't have the faintest idea what that [MAC] part means and if that applies to this 1535 phone, also this would be entered after your phone boots so its not hardware reset but I thought to bum this request to give it more notice in case somebody wants to work on this.

vanDivX

Guru
Reaction score
Tested SD memory card slot and it works with 1GB SD but 2GB card locked the phone when I tried to access it and had to unplug the phone to reboot it, anyone can confirm 1GB is max for this phone?

The 2GB card was almost full with pictures from my camera plus it has some movies on it I think that I took with the camera, so I can't be sure till I empty the card and try again with few pics on it only.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rahee
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.