AWAITING FEEDBACK Nortel 1535 "Transfer Canceled"

gcleaves

Reaction score
Dear Community (you guys, not that silly show with Chevy Chase),

I can't get 3-way calling, AKA conferencing, to work with these phones. I'm talking about conferencing using solely the endpoints, not Asterisk Meetme. I call the first person, select Options-Conference, call the second person and then when I hit Conference again, the phone displays "Transfer Canceled" and the lines are not bridged. I have both people on the phone and I can alternate between speaking with one or the other, but can't create the 3-way call. Has anybody else had this problem?

I'm using the Turkish delight phones.

Gracias in advance,

Geoff

tshif

Guru
Reaction score
I can confirm. hw v 1, firmware 2.7.6. Same issue with Fw v 2.5.0. Asterisk v 1.4/1.6. I havent tried it against sip2sip as the proxy yet.

david l

Reaction score
Any update on this issue ?
With my phones the lg/nortel 1535 turkish models, the conference has the same result as gcleaves has.

maybee related -when transferring callers, the phone screen does not release the call when using blind or consultation transfer (gives options to take the call off hold or resume) but the call has actually been released from phone and pressing buttons has no effect (will make new post new for this).

i tried this post but did not change anything
http://pbxinaflash.com/forum/showpost.php?p=54893&postcount=4

asterisk 1.4
FreePBX version: (2.6.0)

rhuehn

Reaction score
That above post worked for me on the nortel phones:

parkedcalltransfers = both parkedcallreparking = both in the features_general_custom.conf

autorenova

Reaction score
Adding parkedcalltransfers = both parkedcallreparking = both in the features_general_custom.conf has not resolved my 3 way and warm transfer issues on my Nortel 1535. The version I have is HW Rel 1.0 and SW Rel 0.2.50. Has anyone been able to do 3 way conference calling on the 0.2.50 phones? I was able to do a crude work around by adding exten=>conference,1,MeetMe(${EXTEN}|M) to my dialplan within the context of the phone and then creating a meetme room named conference with no password but I am looking for a better solution.

kenewto

Reaction score
Do you have any details on how to do that? I have seen nothing that came close to working.

david l

Reaction score
first two didn't wok until i added the third, this made conference work on lg nortel 1535 and elastix 4

parkedcalltransfers = both parkedcallreparking = both in the features_general_custom.conf
exten=>conference,1,MeetMe(${EXTEN},M) to file extensions_custom.conf infirst section [from-internal-custom]
conf => conference to file meetme_additional.conf - freepbx says not to edit this file so i should move elsewhere

the phone says connected to conference and shows the other calls disconecting but the conference continues to work, just wonder if doing this from multple phones will create mutple conferences or all join the same

david l

Reaction score
While playing around with provisioning these phones, noticed these two lines in file config.py.

CONFERENCE_SERVER = 'conference'
CALL_PARK = 'callpark'

But when i open the file (after ftping it from phone to local machine) some characters are goofy (about 1%), so i haven't tried editing the file and uploading to phone.

ex:
offhookÈÄ Ÿóž¶ÈÄ¿¡ dtmfžŠ ºž³»ŸßÇÏŽÂÁö

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mark-curtis
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.