Nortel 1535 only one way video

firstchoice

Reaction score
Do I need to open a port in the router to allow video back ?
We have several of these registered and working fine except just one way video between them. If I call to a xlite softphone I get 2 way video there but never on the Nortel ?

mainenotarynet

Not really a Guru - Just a long time user
Reaction score
On your Nortel extension in FreePBX make sure allow has h263, ulaw, alaw in that order, on each extension that you want the video to work on.

firstchoice

Reaction score
that worked great, thanks I had added videosupport=yes
allow=h261
allow=h263
allow=h263p
allow=h264
to the sip_general_custom.conf
as instructed but it was not working, so I added h263, ulaw, alaw directly to each extension and it works great.

thanks so much.

firstchoice

Reaction score
well I spoke to soon, it works great doing 3 digit dialing but when I do a 10 digit call I just get one way again ???

blanchae

Guru
Reaction score
If you can do video calls locally and not to the other side of the firewall, that is definitely sounds like a network problem with your router.

Can you make 2 way audio calls using the 1535 to the other side of the router?

firstchoice

Reaction score
Okay everything is working fine with audio just like always. The video is now working peer to peer thanks to the suggestions by mainenotarynet but I cannot make video calls when dialing a regular 10 digit number. So is this possible or only peer to peer ?

Reaction score
It depends. When dialing a 10 digit number does the entire call path, every trunk along the way, support h.263 video? This is a requirement.

If your call traverses the PSTN or goes through a SIP provider that does not support h.263 codecs then no, you cannot make 10 digit video calls.

If you have two video extensions connected to your PiaF from anywhere, even outside your firewall, yes, you should be able to make video calls.

If you have multiple PiaF servers with SIP trunks supporting h.263 between the servers, then yes you should be able to make video calls.

yozh

Reaction score
I have an interesting 1 way video calling issue and its local on the LAN. If I dial from the phone to eyebeam or xlite I only get 1 way Video, but if I dial from eyebeam to the phone I get both ways.

Thoughts ?

yozh

Reaction score
How is this unrelated ? Its a one way Video issue to the same extent as the OP post

dswartz

Guru
Reaction score
No, it isn't. The OP is experiencing a problem where local video works, but video to/from remote sites doesn't. You are complaining about a one-way video issue local to the LAN.

yozh

Reaction score
No, it isn't. The OP is experiencing a problem where local video works, but video to/from remote sites doesn't. You are complaining about a one-way video issue local to the LAN.

I will not be getting in to a fight with you over this, but it is same issue. I did not want to open another thread for it. If I wont be able to get help here then I`ll open another thread. THanks

dswartz

Guru
Reaction score
I'm not trying to get into a fight. Hint for you: having the same symptom does not mean the root cause is the same.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diazgza
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.